What would you guys do?

BBDJR

I am trying to decide if I should go to our club in Laurens county this w/e. Was there last w/e and the weather is going to be the sameway this time. Nice on friday but saturday is supposed to rain. We had no activity last w/e and it is a 2 1/2 hour drive. Don't really have any other options just don't want to go all that way and sit in the rain while the turkeys are not moving. Ya'll kill many birds with this type of weather?? :banginghe :banginghe

Gut_Pile

I would think of it this way...Is there something better you have to do? I spend as much time as I can in the woods if I have the chance.

Dudley Do-Wrong

Depends on how much rain. If it's just a drizzle it could be a really good time in open areas. I hunt in laurens as well and saw 1 tom this past saturday before the bottom fell out.

BBDJR

I would think of it this way...Is there something better you have to do? I spend as much time as I can in the woods if I have the chance.

I totally agree with ya on that. I am just trying to think of any other options I may have but the harder I think the less I have!!! lol

BBDJR

Depends on how much rain. If it's just a drizzle it could be a really good time in open areas. I hunt in laurens as well and saw 1 tom this past saturday before the bottom fell out.

Yeah we sat through all that and then it would clear up and still nothing going on. All day hunted in that mess and nothing. Just getting a little discouraged ya know. But if ya aren't in the woods ya can't kill em!!!

cletus T

a week can make a big difference to a lonely bird. if there has not been anybody else hunting the property since you was there last weekend. i would give it a try . atleast you have a chance if you go and no chance if you stay home.

bnew17

I hunt Laurens Co too...saw 2 last weekend in between monsoon rains...ill be out there rain or shine. Season dont last long enuff to take a day off.

brucemacgee19

after looking at your avatar......... if it rained at all I'd be at home with that hen! don't take that the wrong way.......

nice pic....... (I might even quit hunting if that was waiting at home for me)

BBDJR

I think I'd just go back to where you took your avatar pic this weekend:bounce:

HAHA I appreciate that!! I'm not gonna lie it is hard to leave her sometimes. I am trying to get her to go with me and she says she would but is too busy with nursing school for now!! So maybe after she graduates next year.

BBDJR

after looking at your avatar......... if it rained at all I'd be at home with that hen! don't take that the wrong way.......

nice pic....... (I might even quit hunting if that was waiting at home for me)

Well thank ya..i guess :rofl: Thanks for the compliments she is a good one!! I lucked out on this one!! Better than my turkey season is going.

JACKED UP

I hunt washington county and I have a friend who hunts laurens county. They have been on birds all season in laurens. I have hunted down there for the past three days, and there has not been alot of gobbling on several different tracts of land I have access or friends have access too. I think this rain is going to help them out. Cool things off a bit and get them fired up again. I wouldnt cancel your trip due to the weather man. He has been known to be wrong once or twice.......

BBDJR

I hunt washington county and I have a friend who hunts laurens county. They have been on birds all season in laurens. I have hunted down there for the past three days, and there has not been alot of gobbling on several different tracts of land I have access or friends have access too. I think this rain is going to help them out. Cool things off a bit and get them fired up again. I wouldnt cancel your trip due to the weather man. He has been known to be wrong once or twice.......

Yeah we are about to head out at noon. Maybe call something up this evening. We will see. Good luck to everybody!!

tbgator

Banned
HAHA I appreciate that!! I'm not gonna lie it is hard to leave her sometimes. I am trying to get her to go with me and she says she would but is too busy with nursing school for now!! So maybe after she graduates next year.

By all means let her finish nursing school. You're gonna need the gas money in the future:rofl:

gamechaser

one thing about the wet weather . You can slip in a lot closer and a be very Quiet getting there especialy in hardwoods. Go hunting have fun--make the best out of it.

brucemacgee19

I married an RN nurse myself...... makes enough to support my dirty little turkey habit this time of year. then she spends all my money at the lake and beach all summer. it's a rough cycle but it works for us.

BBDJR

Well I am glad i went cause my buddy and I doubled up on saturday morning!!!! Gonna post pics and story shortly!!

huntmstr

Banned
Way to go BBDJR. I hunt Johnson/Laurens county line and the birds were definately working all day Saturday & Sunday morning. Glad you made the right call and decided to go. Congrats dude!