indian burial grounds

Handgunner

Shame the tip is broken... Nice find!

Looks like a fresh break... look around a bit more and you may find the tip.

Ctrimble87

Shame the tip is broken... Nice find!

Looks like a fresh break... look around a bit more and you may find the tip.

if you ever have the chance to ride down the Natchez Trace it has a few of those Idian mounds really cool area and very fun drive to Nashville!

i had an old black man tell me once that slaves piled these rocks up when they used to work the fields back in the plantation days.
sounds like a good answer to me.may or may not be right

.243wssm

theres not really fields where i found this at just planted pines a river some marsh , and i found 2 or 3 different piles on a hill going down into the river

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
theres not really fields where i found this at just planted pines a river some marsh , and i found 2 or 3 different piles on a hill going down into the river

Are they on the eastern side? If so, it is a good chance they could be graves. Also, what kind of rock is it? Any pics? I have a bunch of graves on my property.

i don`t know what all countys these are in but if you walk around the woods at piedmont,there are hundreds of these piles of rocks and else where in jones county.these piles are different sizes ranging from just a few feet wide to some as big as 10 feet wide and over five feet high.we even found one that was shaped like a bowl that we thought may have been used for a fire pit.i do know that all this land was cotton plantation back in the 1800s.i don`t know if slaves piled these up or not ,but it sounds better then being graves.that is just what i`ve been told.by no means am i saying this is fact

shawn mills

most rock piles in the woods are as stated above, piles from fields being cleared. true buriel grounds exist all over Georgia, both known and relatively unknown. There are many large mounds and small mound complexes throughout the state, again both known and relatively unknown. I have hunted relics all over the south and have seen many village sites and burial grounds. Surface hunting with permission is one thing, but, NEVER disturb burial grounds! Check the internet and libraries for further info on mounds and tumuli in the south. P.S. nice find!

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
... Surface hunting with permission is one thing, but, NEVER disturb burial grounds! Check the internet and libraries for further info on mounds and tumuli in the south. P.S. nice find!

Very true! Never disturb burial grounds. It is a federal Offense.

Incawoodsman

Not only that, but there is some ancient magic withing the burial ground. I know most of you don't believe in that kind of thing, and I usually don't either, but there is something about indian's and the burial grounds, just a feeling I get, and I usually listen to my intuition. I respect it, and I would never disturb it, it doesn't scare me, but thats because I would never mess with it. It would scare me if I took a friend and found he peed all over it. :eek:

Anyhow, I remember reading a post on here about a guy who went hunting with his brother here in Middle Georgia. They went their seperate ways and met back. When they met his brother brought with him something back from the woods. It was a skull carved out of crystal, or some similair material. He said it was EXTREMElY heavy for its size, and also it just gave out a really dark, ominous vibe, like a pending doom was on them. It just gave them the creeps to have it around them. They ended up putting it back where they found it.

Stuff like that I believe.

FX Jenkins

Can't go through here.

Why not?

Crow burial ground. Sacred.

We'll have to turn around
and head east.

How far east?

Next pass.

miles or so.

Those people are waiting for us!
Now they're freezing, hungry and scared.

Crow only come
with medicine men and burying parties!

-We are not Crows!
-What would happen, Johnson?

l don't know.

l don't know.

This is big medicine.
They guard it with spirits.

You don't believe that.

lt doesn't matter. They do.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR

Handgunner

A person shouldn't need a law to tell them to leave a burial mound alone.

Respect should.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
A person shouldn't need a law to tell them to leave a burial mound alone.

Respect should.

Problem is they don't. I know of a local Cherokee burial ground that has been robbed. Some folks were caught but not all. Federal Offense. They were selling the stuff on line. SICK. Like digging up folks for their gold teeth.

Handgunner

Problem is they don't. I know of a local Cherokee burial ground that has been robbed. Some folks were caught but not all. Federal Offense. They were selling the stuff on line. SICK. Like digging up folks for their gold teeth.
Yep.. Sad.

I'd love to have some the Indian stuff that could be found in those mounds. But not enough to go digging one up... Indians were "bad"... the Spirits could be worse. :bounce: