Fishing info needed for Indian Shores Area

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Have an upcoming beach stay in Indian Shores soon & was wondering if anyone has fishing advice for that area?
Any good wade/surf fishing spots?

Was in Madeira Beach July 2020, but had covid & we didn't get to do anything. That was one miserable beach week.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Your going to have to figure it out. Be able to read the flow of water. Get feet wet. :)

FloridaFF

Walk the beach in the morning throwing artificial lures/flies for snook. The first trough between the shoreline and the first sandbar will concentrate the bait. Travel south and fish Johns Pass jetty (north side) for pompano, snook, and mackerel. Additionally, the area around the old Redington Pier should hold some fish. Make sure you try Wahoo's Bayside Pub and Grill for great seafood.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Anyone familiar with Tiki Gardens Park?
We're going to be staying fairly close to it.
Wondering if you can access intercoastal from it to Wade fish?
Been looking on the internet & haven't found anything about it.

FloridaFF

That area of the intercostal is called the narrows and is not wadeable. You can fish from the seawall, but the ground is soft.

Redbow

Good luck fishing the intercoastal waterway. There might be more fish in the Intracoastal Waterway though, I have fished it many times catchum up.

Last edited:

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Anyone familiar with Tiki Gardens Park?
We're going to be staying fairly close to it.
Wondering if you can access intercoastal from it to Wade fish?
Been looking on the internet & haven't found anything about it.
I'd be on the inside also...sorry I'm not familiar with specifics of that area. Maybe access from one of the cross over bridges? Shrimp should be running too bout now...outgoing flush.