Here is my dilema,, what should I do

SWAMPFOX

Rape may do a little since it is a very small seed and may work its way down through the mowed litter to the soil. I believe you are wasting time and money trying to get wheat to work in this situation. Wheat needs pretty good contact with the soil. Maybe gadeerwoman will check in and give you better advice since she is very experienced in no-till and that is basically what it sounds like you have.

gadeerwoman

If it got mowed close and the seed can touch the ground a mix of wheat, rye, ryegrass, rape, and arrowleaf clover will do fine if overseeded just before a good rain. Time it to a rain within 24 hours and you won't even lose much seed to birds maybe.

Jeff Phillips

You can also draw deer to native browse by fertilizing the mowed areas. Hit it with some 34-0-0 or 19-19-19 and it will green up real nice. The deer will come to the new growth.

rip18

Where is your property at?

Maybe one of us is close with a tractor, etc.?

You can also call Georgia Forestry Commission in the county where you are at. They may be able to come out with a dozer & heavy harrows & at least rough harrow the plots.

Good luck!

Just 1 More

We are just south of Perry. We have a Forestry division station not more than 1/4 mile down the raod. We tried them early in the season they told us they were to busy and that they could not do anything unless it was a goverment contract.. I will re-approach them friday and see what they say.

CAL

The forestry unit is suppose to do what is needed for $40.00 per hour.

I have used a set of bed springs to plant with.Behind a fourwheeler it will suprise you what it will do.Just keep going over and over with them.I cut some of the wires where the springs would touch the ground.Just a suggestion!

Just 1 More

I'm back, and found just what I expected... NOTHING! Nothing has been done for the food plot that we hired Wildlife Game Masters to do. We have been completly left hanging. :banginghe
I'll be making phone calls in the morning to see what it will take to get our deposit back. I can't believe people do buisness like this. Not even the decency to return my calls. :(

horsecreek

just 1 more-- sent ya pm-- you can use my small atv disc. its not much and not heavy duty but will cut the ground sp if mowed and not ROCK hard.. let me know...

Just 1 More

horsecreek,
First, Thank you for your offer,,, if there is ever anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask.. and i'll make sure to offer if I see you need anything. :clap:
One of the other members of our lease stepped up and offered to disc the area so we will see if it gets done.
Thanks again.

horsecreek

no problem , anytime, and thanks. glad you will get it done..
that is kinda weird how he would just now offer and was gonna make ya pay for it to be done.
Somebody wants a food plot!!!! :D :D :D

david