Have they stopped gobbling in NW GA??

trkyburns

I have read a few posts lately saying that the birds are really getting going good now - these were all from South GA hunters as far as I can tell. But is anyone still hearing any gobbles in Northwest Georgia (Floyd, Gordon, Chattooga, Polk, Bartow, Murray, Walker, etc)?? :huh: I had 'em going nuts in March and most of April, but last weekend I didn't hear a peep. In can only hunt weekends so my experiences are limited to just one or two days a week (plus it has rained for the past 4 weekends:banginghe). In my experience, the gobbling usually slacks off and pretty much stops in May up here.

Also, is anyone still seeing birds strutting or had birds respond favorably to calling this late in the season in NW GA?? :huh:

ABAC33

hammering it hard bartow/gordon line. well, at least there is 2 birds in the areas that im hunting that burns the woods up everymornin for the last 3 weeks. this is really unbelieveable, but one mornin last week i got set up on one while he was on roost, and i counted the number of times he gobbled on roost, 75. i couldn't believe, then he flew right over my head the ridge back behind me. im on a mission to kill this bird. good luck to you.

BoShank

Some days they gooble their heads off and some day they don't. I think the weekend weather has played a role in the queit birds. You may need to take a few days off for some blue sky days.

Gadget

I've been hunting just over the line in Cleburne county Alabama and they've been gobbling but not tearing it up.

GA DAWG

I heard atleast 8 yesterday in Dawson county! Called in one little jake..Only heard one this morning..Stupid birds LOL..... Its still on here.. Just the dumb ones are already dead..

Allen Hamilton

Franklin County

I haven't heard any gobbling in the past three weeks where I hunt in Canon GA although I've seen the gobbler every time. I'm hoping it was the weather that kept him quit and he'll get loud again this Sunday.

The Horned Toad

I'm hunting in mid-ga on a piece of property I know has 5 mature birds on it and this morning all I heard was one gobble and then nothing. Last saturday morning they were hitting it pretty hard.