Carry permit

biggsteve

Gone But Not Forgotten
heard there were counties that have almost 'instant' background checks. they were computerized. you'd get the permit the same day. is this true? which ones were they? anyone know? thanx/steve

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Can't speak for any county except Newton, which has always been good about getting them back within a couple of weeks.

IMO, they out did themselves this time:)

I went in around 11am on the 3'rd of June, took about an hr (45min at Sheriff's office) getting the prints done.

The probate court mailed my new permit on the 6'th on June, arrived at the house with Monday 9 June mail

jman9977

I applied in Bibb last week and they said i should have it in about 30 days.

JW2

Got mine in Gwinnett in about 4 weeks.

fireman401

A couple of weeks in Dooly. Might want to check on county residence requirement before trying to shorten the wait.

one_shot

:huh:A friend of mine got his in Early Co. in 1 hour! I live in Tift CO. they say 30 to 60 days. BULL....?:huh:

Last edited:

fishbum2000

4 weeks in henry but july 1st that is supposed to change

ga41

Upson Co was instant, took more time to do the prints and driving between the judge's office and the Sheriff's office than anything

SnowHunter

4 days in Jackson.

Just remember you must get your GFL in the county in which you CURRENTLY reside!!!

Now hurry up and get to your county courthouse and get that GFL!! :cheers:

Luke0927

Thanks to GCO it has been bumped up in a lot of counties as well as the electronic finger printting some people are getting them in a couple days to a couple weeks...then there are some who are having to wait over the 60 day mark a lot has to do with the county....we like to call it a license not a permit. You can carry open or concealed with your license starting July 1st a lot more places Join GCO and help use get the rest of our screwed up gun laws fixed!!!

whitetaco02

What do you do about states that don't honor GA's laws on the concealed weapon's permit? Like if you are driving through?

I am going to Hilton Head in July but SC doesn't honor GA law.

SnowHunter

What do you do about states that don't honor GA's laws on the concealed weapon's permit? Like if you are driving through?

I am going to Hilton Head in July but SC doesn't honor GA law.

Then you read up on that States laws, in your case, SC, and figure out what you need to do, "carry/transport" wise to be legal.