NO TILL DRILL

tunaduck

Ok I have decided on the 3p606NT Great Plains drill. Trying to find a used one and seems near impossible, which is good I believe because if they were junk there would be a lot for sale. The Land Pride is the same drill but more money, odd. Does anyone have a used one they want to part with? And any cons anyone have with this drill? I'm in Macon County, Ga.

If you can’t find one to own there are quite a few around the state for rent. Just get to googling and they will pop up. You pay by the acre planted on the meter usually. Might be a better alternative than owning or atlwast get you by till you find one. The Great Plains you mentioned is one of the best if not the best. They make them pull behind go get it with your pickup

deers2ward

Ok I have decided on the 3p606NT Great Plains drill. Trying to find a used one and seems near impossible, which is good I believe because if they were junk there would be a lot for sale. The Land Pride is the same drill but more money, odd. Does anyone have a used one they want to part with? And any cons anyone have with this drill? I'm in Macon County, Ga.
Here are some in Georgia: https://www.tractorhouse.com/listin...606NT&Manufacturer=GREAT PLAINS&State=GEORGIA

Whooo! $$$!

tunaduck

If you can’t find one to own there are quite a few around the state for rent. Just get to googling and they will pop up. You pay by the acre planted on the meter usually. Might be a better alternative than owning or atlwast get you by till you find one. The Great Plains you mentioned is one of the best if not the best. They make them pull behind go get it with your pickup
Problem is as you know you have to time the weather and my time off. hard to do and hope that the drill is available, especially with everyone else planting at the same time.

Problem is as you know you have to time the weather and my time off. hard to do and hope that the drill is available, especially with everyone else planting at the same time.
That’s true. If you can afford it I def would get one. The best method I like with the one I use is to spray let it die and drill through it. Any fertilizer has so be spread on top of the ground. For me I still like to plow lime fertilizer and then drill. Based on soil samples.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
That’s true. If you can afford it I def would get one. The best method I like with the one I use is to spray let it die and drill through it. Any fertilizer has so be spread on top of the ground. For me I still like to plow lime fertilizer and then drill. Based on soil samples.
The extension service use to have them that feed and seed places rented for them.They had both large and small seed hoppers.

Latest posts