Alligator Harvest Permit

mallardk

Its been over 5 years since I was selected for gator hunt and it looks like a few things have changed. I received email today that I was selected and It states that although I have lifetime license, I still need to go online , download, print permit which I must have in possession. I've looked under licenses, quota hunts, and everywhere else , I cant find where to download the permit from, anyone know where I can find?

Toliver

Its been over 5 years since I was selected for gator hunt and it looks like a few things have changed. I received email today that I was selected and It states that although I have lifetime license, I still need to go online , download, print permit which I must have in possession. I've looked under licenses, quota hunts, and everywhere else , I cant find where to download the permit from, anyone know where I can find?
I asked basically the same thing in the 2023 gator season thread. It makes no sense that it's this hard to find the permit. I'm still trying to figure it out so I'll let you know if I do.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Call the folks at the dnr office at Social Circle. I think all things permit are handled there .

Toliver

I gave up on technology. I just left Cabela's in Acworth. He was able to pull it up and print it. I don't have a lifetime so I paid the $75. This is what you're looking for if it ever starts working on line.20230718_171346.jpg

Toliver

So no more plastic tag in the mail?
Not to start with. Once you kill one and report it they will mail you the CITES tag. It doesn't make sense to me because the hide has to have a tag attached. Maybe I'm missing something that smarter people can explain.

mizuno24jad

Not to start with. Once you kill one and report it they will mail you the CITES tag. It doesn't make sense to me because the hide has to have a tag attached. Maybe I'm missing something that smarter people can explain.

It’s been atleast 5 years but that’s what I remembered, if you got picked they automatically mailed you the plastic tag in case you are successful

Toliver

It’s been atleast 5 years but that’s what I remembered, if you got picked they automatically mailed you the plastic tag in case you are successful
Yes. My first draw in 2015 was an unsuccessful hunt. That plastic tag is hanging in my bedroom to remind me of my dismal failure. The change came in 2020.

Dep6

If you take your Gator to a processor, they will accept the confirmation number that you receive when you check the Gator in. I know Wise Brothers in Savannah does and do does Mike Gifford in Eufaula, AL, Mike will accept a Gator from Ga, he did my last one for me.

cowhornedspike

A processor I have used several times in N FL refused to take ours last year...said the FWC told him they would ticket him if he did unless it already had the cites tag on it.

Dep6

Cowhorn, I hate to hear that sir. Kinda crazy to me. Not like your just killing one.

Tomboy Boots

Turkey Killer
If you drew a tag and log in to your account on gooutdoorsgeorgia.com. Click on Purchase Licenses. Under Specialty Licenses you will have the option to purchase your gator permit for 75.00. This will only show up if you drew a tag. gatorpermit1.JPGThe only confusion I've seen is if you are supposed to get a free permit. In that case I've had to call DNR headquarters and they have added the free license to the account.