Do it yourself hunting stuff

Arrow Flinger

I don't know about ya'll but I love to make my some of my hunting stuff. It saves a bunch of money too. Here are a few of mine.

The first is a scent free storage bag. 30 bucks or so from Hunters Specialty. $2.50 at Walmart for mine.

Attachments

• cloths bag.JPG
    cloths bag.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 619

Arrow Flinger

Gun rack for my API. About 5 bucks. Flat stock and plastic dip fro home depot.

Attachments

• gun rack.JPG
    gun rack.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 601

Arrow Flinger

Grab hook. I use this to retrieve stuff I drop when hunting my climbers. A couple of bucks is what I have in it. The hook and sinker goes inside the canister for storage.

Attachments

• grab hook.JPG
    grab hook.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 605

Arrow Flinger

These are my booties. They are made from a doubled wool army blanket and are very warm.

Attachments

• booties.JPG
    booties.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 590

Larry Rooks

Arrow Flinger
That drop the stuff picker upper thingie, just add a larger treble hook and save arrows, snag the deer when he walks buy :p

E

early riser

::huh: If you snag a deer with the trebble hook, which would you hold on to ::huh: the hook line, or the tree ::huh: ?

e.r.

Randy

You got too much time on your hands. It is much easier to buy this stuff! :rolleyes: Great ideas.

nchunter

thats some pretty cool stuff man!

bilgerat

Senior
Rattlin Bag

Ever Opened The End Of A Rattlin Bag? All It Has In It Are Wood Dowels Of Different Sizes With One Side Cut Off Flat And A Rubberband Rapped Around Them.. A Friend Bought One At Bps For 20 Bucks . I Made One For $3.50! [ I Used An Old Crown Royal Bag ]

short stop

fishin for deer --- now that would be fun .wonder if the zebco 33 could handle it ! :rolleyes: SS

Jasper

Flinger,

I made one of those grab hooks years ago and always carry it in my pack. I haven't used it to retreive anything yet as the only thing I can recall dropping over the years is a couple of arrows- (if you can retreive an arrow with one of those, you're a better tree fisherman than me!)

I have used it numerous times however to throw over a limb I can't reach to cut it down. I've done this while standing on the ground and from the tree to cut limbs that are in my way. Another couple of times when I felt like I didn't have much cover, I've used it to lasso the top of a cedar tree or limb, pull it over and then tie it off for cover. It has come in handy over the years. I love the idea of the plastic container- I'll have to use that one myself.

TJay

We've been making our trail markers for about ten years now. Just buy a bag of wooden clothes pins, spray em with kilz (primer) and then flourescent orange paint. Stick little tabs of reflective tape on the ends and use em to mark a trail to and from your stand.

Scouter

That grabber is one I have been thinking about, just was not sure how to protect the hooks. Those gloves just don;t want to stay on my hands. I like the idea the plastic container.
I use the ziplock bag for storing my necessity papers and couple of paper towels and latex gloves for when I kill a deer.

Arrow Flinger

On the grabber, punch a hole in the bottom of the film canister and stick the string through it from the outside. Tie a knot in the string and the canister will be attached. I use trotline cord since it is tangle resistant. After you roll the cord around the canister and put the weight and hook inside, put the top on and twist it and the cord will tighten up and stay wound.