Favorite way to hunt!

Bob2010

Years ago a friend and I were hunting a private piece of land around LaGrange.
I found a really good place I wanted to hunt that evening but did not have a stand.
We went to go get lunch and I stopped in an outdoor store and bought a hang on tree seat.
That opened up a new world to me. I wish I could say I killed a big buck that night but it did not happen. What did happen is I found out how well I could see, how easy it was to stand and stretch or reach my pack hanging nearby.
I have moved on to a Hammock seat and the millennium hang on seat, which to me is the most comfortable, but I hunt on the ground a lot and if I don't like the view, I move a few yards to a totally different view.
Amen! I love it. Below the leaf canopy.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Man he’s a beast and gonna fill up a bunch of freezer space! Congrats on a great buck! :clap:
I too like the hammock seat or being on the ground when I have a rifle in hand. 2 of The 3 deer I killed last year including my first buck, were from the ground.
Here is a tip I got from Warren Womack about trying to get close to deer on the ground-find some long grassy type stalks and collect several. Then put one in your mouth as you stalk. When the deer looks at you, hold still and drop the one from your mouth. As soon as you can, put another in your mouth and repeat……get close.

Bob2010

Woohoo! Man he’s a beast and gonna fill up a bunch of freezer space! Congrats on a great buck! :clap:
I too like the hammock seat or being on the ground when I have a rifle in hand. 2 of The 3 deer I killed last year including my first buck, were from the ground.
Here is a tip I got from Warren Womack about trying to get close to deer on the ground-find some long grassy type stalks and collect several. Then put one in your mouth as you stalk. When the deer looks at you, hold still and drop the one from your mouth. As soon as you can, put another in your mouth and repeat……get close.
GENUIS

Latest posts