Anybody on Oconee this week??

Pappy

Thinking about going back to the "Mudhole" this weekend. Anybody got any reports since the last rain??

I'd go to Lanier but I couldnt get a bass there with dynomite!! (Hint, hint..........advice helpful!!)

gadeerwoman

Mud hole says it right. Water looks like pure Ga red clay right now and she's busting her banks. Catfish ought to be biting if nothing else.

goldentrout

On Lanier, try a fluke or any other jerk bait on the points and around docks near Clarkes Bridge.

For Oconee, you need to talk with Aaron or Randy. Even though it is just down the road from me I usually fish other lakes.

Pappy

Holy smoke!
My wife and I took a ride to Lanier this afternoon and stopped in at Hammonds on the way. I talked to the good-folks there and picked up a few supplies and some good advice.
Long story short............we pulled up on a point at about 2pm and stayed there until nearly 6 and caught 9 spots and missed probably three times that many. I gotta say........we had a ball. Special thanks to that young man at Hammonds for sharing his knowlege. Think Im gonna be going back! :D :D :bounce:

aaron batson

Fished Oconee on Friday with Blake - we caught our limit of Hybrids (30). Had four fish in the 6-7 pound range. The rest were all 2-5 pounds each. All caught on live bait. The water was stained but still fishable. The biggest problem was all the floating stuff getting in the way and sticking to our lines.

Went Back on Sunday with a client and caught 12 good ones again on live bait. The water had cleared up alot and the bite was still good.

Don't look forward to cleaning anymore anytime soon. :)
Will start thinking about hunting now that gun season is getting close.

Aaron

aaron batson

I would rather fish for Largemouths - 10 to 1 over hybrids...However - I am getting more and more clients calling for hybrids. Seems the word is getting out that we are catching some nice ones. I don't mind taking those trips - much more relaxing for me.

They are also good to fish for when taking kids. They bite fairly steady and are easy to hook. We simply troll free lines, downs, ect. When the fish hits, take the rod from the holder and fight them in. Not a lot of skill involved, just a matter of knowing where they are....

Pappy

aaron batson said:
I would rather fish for Largemouths - 10 to 1 over hybrids...However - I am getting more and more clients calling for hybrids. Seems the word is getting out that we are catching some nice ones. I don't mind taking those trips - much more relaxing for me.

They are also good to fish for when taking kids. They bite fairly steady and are easy to hook. We simply troll free lines, downs, ect. When the fish hits, take the rod from the holder and fight them in. Not a lot of skill involved, just a matter of knowing where they are....

"Not a lot of skill involved"??? (laugh)......... that may be my kind of fishing!