Srapes and Rubs

Deerman

Scrapes and Rubs

Have any of you heard about using human pee in mock scrapes or real scrapes. If you have tried this, have you had any sucess with it? If you have done this with sucess or not explain what happpened. What about mock rubs. ::huh:

Last edited:

PHIL M

Gone But Not Forgotten
just make sure the scrape your gonna p## on, isnt by a electric fence! :eek:

Randy

It works very good...........

On scrapes others are hunting. :bounce:

deermeat270

Banned
The university of Georgia did a study and I believe there was a story about it in GON about a yr ago. They said the bucks treated the scrapes with human pee in the the same as any other scrape. They did the study with all different types of urine....fox, dog, etc. The most visited out of all was the human urine.

Deer

horsecreek

read the same DM. Never tried it myself.
I f I find a fresh scrpae opening weekend, Il pee in it and see the results over the 4 days and let yall know.
BTW- I wont be hunting over it. unless I make it under my tree.... :D :D :D :D

the HEED!

Banned
Scrapes with Human urine

Guys on the neighboring club told us a guy that hunts with them peed in a bottle and let it sit for two weeks and poured it on the first scrapes around his stand area last year. He then proceeded to kill the biggest buck off thier club last year at one of those scrapes. Said it gets all musty and smelly and challenges the buck. What do ya'll think, I personally have never tried it. I have however relieved myself from my stand and had deer walking under shortly after that and they did'nt seem to notice. I have heard they don't associate our urine with danger becuse we are not a natural predator like coyotes or bobcats.

Walkie Takie

keep trying

hey hunt-nut , when you do that you have to let it run down your leg like the bucks do, that will make all the different in the world //////// and then rub your head in those lower hanging limbs /////// w/t ( hey that what a old indian told me and bruce one time )

leoparddog

Well, I did read an article this year by a major southern University, (maybe UGA or Miss St.) that there was no negative effect, and that using your pee (or maybe your wife's/girlfriend's ;) ) was better than some other types of urine tested.

Also please note the Qutoes from Bowbender's post come from "Ron Bice, of Wildlife Research Products" and "Sam Collara of Mrs. Doe Pee". These folks are in the pee selling business.

Do you really think that if free human urine worked as well (or almost as well) that these folks would tell you that? Come on, they ain't that dumb, they want you to spend your money on the pee they sell.

I'll take the word of UGA or another research institute before I listen to someone with a financial incentive - to get you to buy their product.

Donkeytoe

Not that i'm a urine expert....however I would say it is possible that deer would not be spooked by human urine because it's main ingredient is ammonia (besides the water). My experience is it all stinks but maybe tehy are responding to the ammonia. Maybe you should try just pouring kitchen ammonia in the scrape and see how they react?? Or maybe you need to eat lots of peanuts for a day or two before and then pee and it will draw them in ::huh: :D

Unicoidawg

Staff member
A guy I know......

says the best thing he uses to atractt deer in the rut is a "used cotex" :eek: He swares by it I just can't bring myself to even ask LOL. My wife hunts, but I don't think that that one would fly...... :bounce: As for the human pee thing why??? would it not work........does a deer know what human pee smells like??? no they don't go in the bathroom and sniff around. They can't asscoiate it with anything unless they have been educated by a hunter in the past.....anyway I'll stick with the real thing.
Unicoidawg GO DAWGS :flag:

mpowell

haven't tried it but i seem to have to pee all the time in the stand. i just stand up and let if fly. don't bother trying to take a urinal of some kind. it won't bother the deer because, just as some others have pointed out, they don't find out pee a threat. heck, i should bottle it up and use it for something!

D

dave

True

deermeat270 said:
The university of Georgia did a study and I believe there was a story about it in GON about a yr ago. They said the bucks treated the scrapes with human pee in the the same as any other scrape. They did the study with all different types of urine....fox, dog, etc. The most visited out of all was the human urine.

Deer

Dr Miller at the UGA deer farm found the exact same results using human urine and doe urine in scrapes. The article was in Field and Stream a few months back.

All the "anti-human urine" bull that we've been hearing for years is just that, bull.

Cigarette smoke doesn't scare them either. I killed a nice 8-pointer in Greene County back in the late 80's, sitting on a hillside stump ..... when I noticed the deer it was about 10 yards away, directly in the cloud of smoke I was making. It walked and fed about 10 more yards and I shot it. Luckily I gave that nasty mess up soon after, though.

Hunters that hunt for a whole weekend without hitting the shower should give it up though. Deer hate BO more than smoke or urine smells, and auto gas fumes/chemical smells are no-no's.