Braves and Astros???

DSGB

The only team I'm worried about is them red birds. If we can beat them, we should win the whole thing. But, we do have to beat Houston first.
Let's go Braves!

Michael Lee

Gonna be tough and they have to WANT IT BAD!!!

Facing Clemens and Oswalt, that ain't gonna be easy at all!!!

ML

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I feel they do want it bad this year....much more than years past.

Jim

Woody

Founder - Gone but not forgotten.
They've put together a team this year that wants to prove everybody wrong.;)

Good things happen when a team plays hungry.

TurkeyCreek

I feel better about their chances this than i have in several years......they have more "gamers" on the team this year..

GO BRAVES!!!!!! :clap:

SlipperyHill Mo

'Stros Ended Season Strong

They are playing well and should give us a good series.

Braves will prevail and take on the Cards.

clarkesville snit

Braves fate may rest in Cobb County judge's hands this AM about 9. Mr Furcal has a revocation of probation hearing & could easily spend the playoffs in the slammer. I don't like our chances w/ Betemit at SS.

TurkeyCreek

Game 2

Great come from behind win for the Braves tonite!!!!!

maybe this will put fire in them.

i'm worried about all the injuries. Hampton had to leave the game, Chipper hurt wrist, don't know how Thompson is gonna be with that pulled side muscle.

was glad to see them trying to play some small ball and move runners over.

and how great was it to Smoltz get a base hit!!!!!!

Go Braves!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

GeauxLSU

Man I HATE games like that! How many hits did they have going into the 11th? TWELVE and only TWO runs! Houston had FOUR hits and two runs (about the way it should be - one run for every two hits).
Those games make me crazy when they strand all those runners. :banginghe
I haven't watched them hardly at all this year, but always hope they do well. Houston is TOUGH.
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Duff

I'm w/you Phil. I don't like it when runners are stranded in every inning. But I guess that's what happens alot when you got a hard nose starter on the mound, during the playoffs.

Great win, Furcal hit a walk off home run in the Bott of the 11th. Now we got some mo going to Houston

Schulze

Keith Furcal got busted again for DUI. Was on probation but the judge is a braves fan and he will no serve but 3 weeks in prison after the season.

clarkesville snit

Thank heavens for one kind hearted Cobb County judge! However if C Jones & Drew don't snap out of it you can forget about it. But ain't October grand - Dawgs riding high, thrill-a-minute Braves baseball, & them fishies start feeding again.

H

HT2

The Braves.....

Very, very, very fortunate to pull that one out yesterday.......

But, as I've always said......

"A win is a win is a win"!!!!!!!

However.....

They "WON'T" beat Houston.......

Irregardless.....

"THE WORLD SERIES IS GOIN' THRU ST. LOUIS"!!!!!!!!!!!!

leadoff

GONetwork Member
I was at the game last night and it was INCREDIBLE! :clap: I was keeping score throughout the game (I can't be at a ball game without "keeping the book!") and the LOB total was getting up there by the ninth inning. (10 total, I believe.) :mad: Credit to Bobby Cox for doing all he could to punch some runs across--he was very agressive on teh base paths yesterday and the suicide squeeze was a good call (IMO).

Hampton pitched extremely well last night, as did Grybowski, Smolts and the Alfonseca. Take away two pitches from Hampton, and the Braves win that game in nine!

J.D. looked lost up at the plate the entire game. (Can you say hat trick?!) He was being fed a steady diet of offspeed stuff. His one hit came off a fast ball. The Braves got a total of 2 hits from 3/4/5 spots in the line-up! The meat of our line-up HAS to start producing the ribeyes for us, or we are in for a short playoff appearance. :(

However, I believe the game was a huge momentum shifter. It was one thing to experience the win on TV. The mood at the park last night was unbelievable when Raffy hit that dinger. I have been at the park over the years when the Braves have pulled out some big wins, but I have never been that pumped after a win! The whole crowd felt it, and I know the players felt it! I think this win may propel the Bravos on through to the NLCS. Dealing with the Cards is a different story! :)

meriwether john

Not a good day, sportswise. tech wins --dawgs lose--- and the braves appear to be 1 day away from vacation(IF YOU ASK ME THEIR BATS DONE BEEN ON VACATION)