Braves 2024 Season Thread

James12

Well AA didn't have a problem with Ozuna beating up on his wife.

^^^ or bringing in Josh Donaldson on rent. Didn’t he and Freddie not mix well? Was a risk that worked, but glad he didn’t extend the guy. Arguably one of AA’s best move to date was that no-sign! That and getting Acuna for 10m a year. That’s about to change though

Last edited:

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Braves will be jest fine. Strider only pitches every fifth day. Hopefully everyone else stays healthy (Fried makes me nervous) and Lopez can pitch well while eating some innings

Summertime will bring a fresh arm or two into the rotation (see AAA). It’s a LONG season with lotsa highs and lows

biggdogg

Well AA didn't have a problem with Ozuna beating up on his wife.
That's a fair point, but, like Bauer, Ozuna was never convicted of anything except in the court of public opinion. Off field issues also aren't the reason I said AA likely wouldn't go that route. There is a reason that 29 other teams in MLB won't talk to Bauer either...

Last edited:

biggdogg

Braves will be jest fine. Strider only pitches every fifth day. Hopefully everyone else stays healthy (Fried makes me nervous) and Lopez can pitch well while eating some innings

Summertime will bring a fresh arm or two into the rotation (see AAA). It’s a LONG season with lotsa highs and lows
Also a valid point. And let's be real. It isn't just the Braves dealing with this issue. We're only a week into the season and there's already been almost a dozen pitchers with UCL injuries.

DannyW

That's a fair point, but, like Bauer, Ozuna was never convicted of anything except in the court of public opinion. Off field issues also aren't the reason I said AA likely wouldn't go that route. There is a reason that 29 other teams in MLB won't talk to Bauer either...
After that phone video, and texts, came out a while back, I believe Bauer got a bum deal. That woman did not act like a victim of sexual assault, and her texts seemed to ask for exactly what she got.

That being said, I don't want him on my team. I'm not a fan of his and suspect he would become a clubhouse cancer.

AA knows this and will not sign him even at the MLB minimum salary.

BTW...Framber Valdez was placed on the IL yesterday with "elbow soreness". This is the worst stretch of elbow problems that I can recall.

DannyW

I didn't watch the game, thank goodness. Sounds like the Mets ...uh...you know what I can't say on here.

Big start for Max Fried tonight. He really needs to right the ship.

biggdogg

Well on a side note, Winans was sent back to AAA. My guess would be sometime in the 7th inning. And Darius Vines was called up.

biggdogg

After that phone video, and texts, came out a while back, I believe Bauer got a bum deal. That woman did not act like a victim of sexual assault, and her texts seemed to ask for exactly what she got.

That being said, I don't want him on my team. I'm not a fan of his and suspect he would become a clubhouse cancer.

AA knows this and will not sign him even at the MLB minimum salary.

BTW...Framber Valdez was placed on the IL yesterday with "elbow soreness". This is the worst stretch of elbow problems that I can recall.

There was a really good article about the difference between the Ozuna situation and the Bauer situation. Bauer has been know as a clubhouse cancer his entire career while Ozuna has been, and is, held in very high regard in every clubhouse he's been in. BUT, had Ozuna had the incident with his wife prior to signing with the Braves, AA would never have signed him. As things happened, it would have cost Atlanta $50mil to get rid of Ozuna. On the flip side, the Braves owe nothing to Bauer, so they have no incentive to take the risks associated with him.

biggdogg

Strider underwent Internal Brace UCL surgery and is out for the '24 season. The IB surgery is a fairly new procedure that so far has a higher success rate than TJ and a quicker recovery time as well. Strider should be ready for Spring Training as opposed to a potential All,Star break return. Fingers crossed...

biggdogg

Ozuna was on fire the last 4 months of '23 and everyone had hopes he'd pick up where he left of. I can guarantee no one had him putting the numbers he's putting up though!

Stob

Useles Billy’s Uncle StepDaddy.
Ozuna was on fire the last 4 months of '23 and everyone had hopes he'd pick up where he left of. I can guarantee no one had him putting the numbers he's putting up though!
.375, 7 dings and 21 RBI. Fiah!

DannyW

After batting a collective .222 with just 30 HRs and 82 RBIs over the first 2 years of his contract (2021 and 2022), I was ready to run him out of town about this time last season.

But what a heater he has been on since around June 1 of last year!

Who would of thunk that thru the first 15 games of the season, he would have a higher BA than Ronald Acuna (.365 vs .283), more HRs (7 vs 0) and more RBIs (22 vs 5)???

DannyW

For grins and giggles, if Ozuna kept up at his current pace for the entire season (he won't), he would have 77 HRs and 237 RBIs, both smashing the current MLB season records. And his first MVP award.

It's too early to do this now, we've seen how fast Ozuna can go from DFA to All Star, and back, but if he is still producing in August/September, I wouldn't be against AA extending him for a couple of years.

I can't believe I just said that. :crazy:

OffTheBeatnPath

For those of you that do, How are yall watching the braves?
We had direct tv pretty much just to watch the braves, but the price doubled after the first year and was something crazy so we canceled it. Had MLB tv but last I checked they were blacked out..
Seems like they get harder to watch every year since moving to Bally sports

Latest posts