Braves 2023 Season Thread

Resica

Hard to believe the best team in baseball lost to the Phils 2 years in a row. Wasn't like they won the division by 4 games, it was 14 I believe, the layoff must have something to do with it. Braves, Dodgers and Orioles all lost, crazy.

Go Phillies!!!

biggdogg

Baseball is a game of streaks more than any other. The Braves streaked into their last World Championship themselves. Some players are just more clutch than others. Phillies players all have that dog in them and it shows. They are arrogant, but I'm one that believes that you need to be. That doesn't bother me. The Braves could use some of that old grit and not the silly dancing that they do.
That's the thing I'm concerned about. You're going to start seeing good teams sand bagging until the All-Star break because this format has proven there is no incentive to finishing the season in the top two spots. In the first two seasons of this format, 5 of the 8 teams "earning" a first found bye didn't make it out of the LDS. And the Dodgers and Orioles both had the exact same prom the Braves had. The offense never made it out of the bye week.

Granted, the Dodgers starting pitching didn't make it out of the bye week either...

Resica

Maybe they are both unlikeable because how good they are and how they've been catered to since they were young. I don't know. Interviews I've seen with Harper in the past, he seems like a decent human being.

Duff

Harper seems like a good dude off the field. He’s probably a good dude on the field if he plays for your team.

Man, sometimes things don’t go your way. Braves obviously had the best team in baseball. Just didn’t get it done, for whatever reason. I don’t understand why everyone has to throw blame. I tip my cap to the Phillies, again. Not only did they get it done, they pretty much dominated.

Remember 2 years ago when the good guys won the series? They were not the best team. Just caught fire at the right time. It happens, especially in baseball.

I’ll be watching again in April!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Resica

Everything about Philadelphia sucks except their baseball team which is a great team but the team mirrors the town and it's people. Philly cheese steaks aren't all that. Anybody can make one. Other than that Philadelphia is a crap hole.
The football team is good, so is the basketball team, wish the hockey team was!! Cheesesteaks and chicken cheese are delicious. So are soft pretzels!! I don't like the city myself, cheesesteaks I get are in the burbs, you'd love them! Hate goin there for work, not interested in traffic, parking or getting shot!!

HermanMerman

Hard to believe the best team in baseball lost to the Phils 2 years in a row. Wasn't like they won the division by 4 games, it was 14 I believe, the layoff must have something to do with it. Braves, Dodgers and Orioles all lost, crazy.

Go Phillies!!!

The Phillies are up at the top too. Don’t sell them short.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
The football team is good, so is the basketball team, wish the hockey team was!! Cheesesteaks and chicken cheese are delicious. So are soft pretzels!! I don't like the city myself, cheesesteaks I get are in the burbs, you'd love them! Hate goin there for work, not interested in traffic, parking or getting shot!!
Like I said, Philadelphia sucks.:bounce::rockon:

hawkeye123

My opinion is that Snit made some tactical blunders and it started from the first game. He felt some imaginary match up threat and screwed with the line up? Then he pitched to Harper in game three with a base open? The one thing you don’t do is let “that guy” beat you. He wouldn’t bunt runners over with no outs and a team struggling to score runs or even hit the ball.

It was a very Bobby Cox like post season managerial performance. It never seemed like he had the right answers at the right time. Falling in love with the long ball is a recipe for disaster IMO.
This! Great take there Roger..spot on..Thompson out managed Snit relying on the 3 run homer like B Cox too much! Go Arizona losing to Philly is bad!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Resica

ATL is worse. We got too many people that don’t belong here.
So many shootings in Philly, not sure where Atlanta stands but we are near the top. Luckily they mostly seem to shoot one another and not innocents but that happens too. Car jackings go on too. They really ought to nuke the city!!

drhunter1

Maybe they are both unlikeable because how good they are and how they've been catered to since they were young. I don't know. Interviews I've seen with Harper in the past, he seems like a decent human being.
He is a good guy and I never understood why people don’t like him. And I’m a Braves fan but I can appreciate greatness when I see it. He hustles on every play and can turn a single into a double better than anyone I’ve ever seen. Also I hate the Phillies.

Baroque Brass

Gentlemen, shall we reconvene in March and do it all again?

DannyW

You'd like him if he played for you!
As I said earlier, I don't like Harper. Never have, never will. But I respect his ability.

And that respect went up a notch this past week. I saw several interviews after Game 3 where he had chances, and maybe even the right, to trash Arcia. But every time he took the high road when the question was asked about Arcia's comments.

Good on him.

Still pulling for Arizona though! :rofl: