Plant/Flower identification

GAnaturalist

Here is a pic I took at the Oconee river below Milledgeville, GA. These plants were growing right out of the log in the middle of the river.

I know that the plant with white flowers on the left is white snakeroot, but I am not sure what the plant is on the right is.

Anyone have any ideas ?

It is not a milkweed or horseweed. Throw out some names and then I can reference on a google search. I have a identification book, but it is in South Carolina at the present time.

Attachments

• IMG_1827.jpg
    IMG_1827.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 843

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
It looks like a sedum....any close ups of the blooms?

bestbucks

Banned
Climbing Hempweed/Climbing Boneset!( Mikania scandens)! It is all over the place down on the Oconee. I was down there yesturday, at the first big bend in the river from the state boat ramp. Was that you in the air boat Ga Naturalist?

Last edited:

GAnaturalist

No, but the air boat passed me on the river twice last Sunday.

I got upset because he got so close to my boat when he passed (20 feet away), but then realized the reason he passed so close is because those airboats have a small wake.
I can hear that boat coming a mile away too.

I should be down there both Saturday and Sunday, in a green river hawk, 5hp Mercury, trolling motor up front. Probably late in the day, and then do some more bowfishing at night with a light.

I will look that plant up. Thanks. I am going to take a couple more pics too.

bestbucks

Banned
Those plants are quite abundant in that area. Our club begins after that long straight away makes a sharp bend and runs for several miles on your right. I had just shot a hundred fifty pound bow hog with a bow next to the river and here comes the air boat, cuts the engine and empties a pistol clip straight in my direction. I'm guessing he was shooting at hogs that were crossing. After emptying his pistol he cranks back up and proceeds flying down the river again. There are so few boats in that stretch of the river these days, he probably feels he has free range to do as he pleases.