Bowhunters setup

Bowhunter24

Just wondering if anybody has used this stuff and if they had any luck with it

Nugefan

what stuff ?

Trizey

I've not used it, but heard great things about it. From what I've heard the Bowhunters Setup is better than the Scrape Juice, though believed to be the same product.

Taylor Co.

The scoop in Middle Ga...

that's where it originated was in Perry, Ga. is that when Muzzy bought it they left out one of the ingredients and does'nt work as good as the original. That's what locals say.
The original was a good product I had a few deer follow me to the stand...I would just mist a little as I walked to the stand then spray around in a circle kind of misting the foilage. I had some small bucks and some mature does follow it. Other friends of mine have had some positive results too.

Arrow Flinger

I tried it a couple of years ago and had a negative experiance with it. Then Oglethorpe deer hated that smell for some reason and before anyone says it, they didn't smell me either.

flat foot

It is still made "Bowhunters Secret formula" is the new name. I have watched it change hands three times in four years I use it in early season It don't bring deer running just makes them curious enough to poke around a little. It is still made in Perry though.

Parker Phoenix

I have used it since it's inception. It is a good all season scent. I have seen deer lick the rings of my ladder stands, chew on vegetation I have sprayed it on. Spray a couple puff's in the air every 10-15 minutes from your stand to help cover your scent during the hot months of bowseason. However the stuff put out by Muzzy is not as good as what is now called Whitetail Obsession, which is now run by the the orginiator of this scent.

Randy

Why would you want a deer to think anything was around you. My personal opinion is I do not use ANY scents. I don't want the deer to think another deer has been around, a skunk has been around, a coon has been around, nothing. I want him to think he is the only one in the world in the area.

reylamb

I treid it when Dennis still owned it prior to Muzzy buying it. It became affectionatly known to me as Blowhunters Setup as that is all it ever did for me. Deer would catch wind of it and start blowing away.

I am now of the opinion that Randy has, no scent works for me.

Arrow Flinger

reylamb said:
Deer would catch wind of it and start blowing away.

Other than the deer turning wrongside out, that was the exact reaction I got on the only 2 occasions that I used it.

Meriwether Mike

Had a doe within three steps of getting a double lunger get nervous and run from the scent two years ago during bow season. I go scent free now as well.

Bow Only

And to correct an earlier comment, Muzzy did not buy Scrape Juice. It was awarded to them through a law suit. I ate dinner with Tim Mangum of Muzzy last week. He makes the BowHunter's Set Up in Cartersville for Muzzy. He's a good guy and has been with them for a long time. He can answer your questions on BowHunter's Set Up.

I currently use BowHunter's Fatal Obsession or Whitetail Obsession and have had positive results using them. As far as I know, they are the only scents made from a tinctured glands removed from harvested whitetails. Pre-orbital, forehead, interdigital, and tarsal are just some of the glands removed and tinctured.

Taylor Co.

yeah you are using the original!

Bow Only said:
And to correct an earlier comment, Muzzy did not buy Scrape Juice. It was awarded to them through a law suit. I ate dinner with Tim Mangum of Muzzy last week. He makes the BowHunter's Set Up in Cartersville for Muzzy. He's a good guy and has been with them for a long time. He can answer your questions on BowHunter's Set Up.

I currently use BowHunter's Fatal Obsession or Whitetail Obsession and have had positive results using them. As far as I know, they are the only scents made from a tinctured glands removed from harvested whitetails. Pre-orbital, forehead, interdigital, and tarsal are just some of the glands removed and tinctured.

It originally was bottled in FL. then Perry, and now Muzzy messed it up! Atleast that is the word...I used the other last yr. only to be "blown at by every deer around". My past results were nothing even close to this...
They are not the only scents made from tinctured gland...go to this website www.jamesvalleycompany.com and their scents are definitely for real...
If you think deer dont respond to scents and have sworn them off try these...then you'll know I have had bucks come from downwind lip curling and grunting! The only one I use anymore.

reylamb

Taylor, I just prefer to go scent free now. I am like Randy, I don't want deer coming in to look for something where nothing exists. I know a bunch of folks that swear by the James Valley Scents and will not go in the woods without it. Then again, I know a guy that spent a ton of money on that stuff Code Blue was putting out last year. We helped him when he was not sure if he hit a deer and that standing estrous stuff stunk up the woods. I swear he put 3 bottles of it on the ground before hitting the stand every time in the woods.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I love it. It's the only scent attractant that I've ever seen a deer respond to. I had a little spike walk up one time and make a bee line to a sapling a sprayed about 20yds from me. He licked and chewed on the leaves I sprayed. He then walked around for an hour feeding, but came back to that sapling 4 or 5 times sniffing and licking.

He then bedded up and stayed put about 25yds from me until dark. I climbed down and snuck out of there about 20 minutes after it was to dark to see. He never left. I clicked my flashlight on him once to see if he was there. His eye's shined back and I turned my light off and snuck on out.

Tommy

Taylor Co.

Man I dont understand?

reylamb said:
Taylor, I just prefer to go scent free now. I am like Randy, I don't want deer coming in to look for something where nothing exists. I know a bunch of folks that swear by the James Valley Scents and will not go in the woods without it. Then again, I know a guy that spent a ton of money on that stuff Code Blue was putting out last year. We helped him when he was not sure if he hit a deer and that standing estrous stuff stunk up the woods. I swear he put 3 bottles of it on the ground before hitting the stand every time in the woods.

Why in the world would you not want a deer to be looking for something that does not exist, This takes the attention off of you if your in a stand. That is just what I want! I know that you guys have got experience too! The guy that used two-3 bottles is "Crazy" read the directions in the James Valley it will tell you...Too much scent is like too much perfume on a woman..it just does not attract, it will also tell you that a bathroom that smells like urine does not attract a "buck" or a "man" but a subtle scent of a woman will...I think we have and will all fall victim to that scenario.
I guess it's just whatever you want to do. I will tell you this though, I laid out a scent trail with "wall hanger" during the opening weekend of rifle season 2003, I had a 120"10pt. run down the trail with his nose to the ground and I hung my rag 40-yds. out in the cutover in front of my stand, the buck literally "lip-curled" on the downwind side exposing himself and I could have killed him 10-times during this process. The scent did it's job and so did I by covering my own. There have been several instances where the scent has drawn other bucks and held them within range for a shot. This scent is made to be used 4-5 wks. prior to peek breeding.
I'm not saying that there are "magic potions" but this is one that I will use due to the numerous positive results it has produced. Since I am for the first time in my hunting life going to hunt with a bow for the entire season, in my quest for a P&Y deer, going to be positioning this scent in such a way to afford me an excellent bow shot...Call me a victim of marketing if you want too but I believe! :clap:

flat foot

I had a buck clear a 8 ft chain linck fence to come to scent before. I know it works you just can't let the deer make the connection between you and the scent or they will mark you everytime.

Taylor Co.

gabowman said:
I'll only be using "THERMACELL" scent during bow season. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: I use the "Therma-Cell " in conjunction with the James Valley Scents it seems to enhance its effectiveness :bounce: