Getting Back into Bowhunting

Hawken2222

After more than a decade of being out of the game I have decided to get back into bowhunting. I picked up a crossbow due to some physical limitations and it’s just not the same. Anyway I wanted to see if there was an Archery Shop that had several different bows , by different manufacturers one could shoot. I live in Madison and I don’t mind driving a couple of hours to a quality shop that has several different brands of bows to shoot, as well as a good tech. I looked in the recommended archery thread and the majority of the post were pretty dated. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

BamaGeorgialine

After more than a decade of being out of the game I have decided to get back into bowhunting. I picked up a crossbow due to some physical limitations and it’s just not the same. Anyway I wanted to see if there was an Archery Shop that had several different bows , by different manufacturers one could shoot. I live in Madison and I don’t mind driving a couple of hours to a quality shop that has several different brands of bows to shoot, as well as a good tech. I looked in the recommended archery thread and the majority of the post were pretty dated. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help on this.
It would be a long way, but Archery Connections in Columbus has a ton of bows. Very nice folks. I was just in there today. The lady up front told me that they've been in business for 44 years. Not sure if she meant that same location or not.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I've never been there but if I were in Madison I'd go to Social Circle Ace Hardware. Heard nothing but good things.

Hawken2222

Thanks guys for all the replies I really appreciate it. Are the guys at Social Circle ACE still the same guys that used to run 12 point archery?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Can’t help with your original question, but I wish you the best on your venture back! I agree the crossbow just ain’t the same, but I have mine on the ready, just in case.