Old Warrior

James12

After passing several this year, I finally got this old warrior. He was a true traveler. He was locked down nearly step for step on a doe this weekend and almost 2 miles from where he was just Thur/Fri. I also think it was the 3rd doe I’d seen him with since 10/31. He’s my heaviest deer to date and had been hit in no-man’s land before just under the back, and made it. Thanks to the good Lord first and to my beautiful and most understanding wife next :). Also to my pa-in-law for the help on the worst uphill drag of all time.

Stuck him at 28yds from the saddle and he went less than 20yds before expiring (the VAP TKO and G5 mega-meat tore him up!). Special thanks to Mitch’s Archery too for always keeping my little V3 27 in tune! I can shoot it but he takes such good care of us two :).

Attachments

• IMG_1498.jpeg
    IMG_1498.jpeg
    458.9 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_1508.jpeg
    IMG_1508.jpeg
    478.3 KB · Views: 269
  • IMG_1513.jpeg
    IMG_1513.jpeg
    308.7 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_1663.jpeg
    IMG_1663.jpeg
    157.2 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_1542.jpeg
    IMG_1542.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 183

Jim Boyd

Sweet stuff right there!

buckpasser

Awesome deer! Good job!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
OMG! WOOHOO! Gotta give Mitch that one Photo to put in his shop! Man what a beautiful buck! You could walk by a wall full of racks and that one would make you stop and stare! Yeah, God did that! Congrats and I LOVE me some saddle hunting too! :clap:

DSGB

What a brute! Congrats!