When to draw back

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
So I finally got one and kind of answered my question in a last light scenario. Draw back as soon as they are in range even if there is a different one at your feet! I’m amazed at the movement I can get away with sometimes. This time a deer was stomping below my feet, but the one I shot paid no attention to the foot stomper. I turned 180 degrees But had to hold at full draw for quite some time. Now in a saddle, this is a very strong position and I was able hold long enough to breathe several times, look outside of my sight to get my bearings again, anchor and re anchor 3 times before finally the deer gave me a shot.
I know every scenario is different, but I’ll be pulling back as soon as possible.

Ihunt

It’s really nothing that can be taught just learned.
I’ve been doing this over 40 years and let a nanny head catch me moving this year. Problem was she had a stud behind her.

Ouch! I know what I did wrong. Should have let her walk past me and then grabbed my bow. He would have never saw me.

Long Cut

Don’t care how long you been chasing ‘em, they’ll always humble you with a bow in your hand.
Those old nans will humble you just as quickly as that old mossy horn. Do not give them an inch.

Latest posts