new durhamtown pics

H

HT2

Durhamtown???????

And, they hunt there too???????

With all the ATV's raisin' cane???????

Or do they curtail it while huntin' season is goin' on???????

Randy

Does that thing have jet engine or something. Every time you post a picture it is flying through the air. Guesss you save a lot of money on tires huh?

bradpatt03

camo84 said:
how did you like it out there

its a lot of fun as far as a family place goes...plenty to keep you busy thru mudpits, drag racin, motocross, trails, food, races, etc

ht2 said:
Durhamtown???????

good question...there are lots of deer stands right along the trails and as far as i know you are still allowed to ride during deer season. i have been curious as to how they work that out. its such a big place that they probably just close certain areas and riding is limited

randy said:
Does that thing have jet engine or something. Every time you post a picture it is flying through the air. Guesss you save a lot of money on tires huh?

thats the only way to do it...:bounce: i will try and find a pic of it on the ground for ya but i don't think it'll be easy...needless to say my butt usually gets pretty sore after a day of riding

B Young

I used to be a member there. They have a lot of deer. During hunting season you cannot ride through certain areas untill after 9:00 am or so.I did find that the riders would push deer alot.In some areas you could always tell when it was riding time. Most of the hunting area is of limits year round anyway. The riding there is good.............. :offtopic: In my opinion everything else is not so good. Like I said I USED to be a member. :mad:

Last edited:

MossyOak

Durham town is always fun

Too darn far to drive on a regular basis, lucky for you that live near by

deerhunter270

HT2 said:

I hunt there, but of course I have another hunting club that I go to also. The riding does get on my nerves. There is 1250 acres connected to the riding part that is only for hunting,and there is another 1000 and 250 acre tracts about 5 miles away that is hunting only. So in all there is about 2500 acres that is for hunting only. I have been a member for 4 years. They do bring in some big bucks. Most of the hosses are shot during the week though. Last year wasn't that good, but this year I heard that they had already had two 10s and a 13 come in I think on the second weekend of rifle season. They have beautiful property there though, and they do have a big population of deer. I have never seen a small buck come back to camp. There is lots of stuff to do there. If you don't fell like hunting you can go shoot skeet on the skket range, and rifles on the range. You can also fish on their lakes. They have a 27 acre lake, 5 acre pond, and 1 acre pond. You could also go ride 4 wheelers.

Russell

Dub

Can you ride your four wheelers to your hunting spots at D-town?

deerhunter270

Dub said:
Can you ride your four wheelers to your hunting spots at D-town?

Yes. You can ride your 4 wheelers to your spot. Only hunting members can ride there 4 wheelers on the no riding parts.

bradpatt03

is that the one where you are on the trail and there is a BIG berm on a left turn and the track is behind it? its got real narrow berms and big ol banked turns and weaves in and out of the woods? if so, i have and I LOVED IT. the track i'm talkin about is BY FAR my favorite so far...

Last edited:

LAKOTA

bradpatt03 said:
is that the one where you are on the trail and there is a BIG berm on a left turn and the track is behind it? its got real narrow berms and big ol banked turns and weaves in and out of the woods? if so, i have and I LOVED IT. the track i'm talkin about is BY FAR my favorite so far...

Not positve about that.
MX 5 was just completed a few weeks ago. It's much larger (approx. 2.3 miles long!) and more fun than MX 4. MX 4 is located about a mile through the trail after you cross the blacktop road.