Durhamtown

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
We used to ride there 2-3 times a year. Too much liability now I suppose.

ucfireman

I have never been there, heard good things about it. Hate to see the loss.

It would not surprise me if it comes out that it will be developed into some big manufacturing plant or similar. That seems to be the way Ga is going.

660griz

Sad. There was another riding spot near Athens. Can't remember the name but, took the wife and son there, stayed in a cabin and had a blast. Closed. Use to ride at Culloden. Closed. Now Durhamtown.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
I was looking at riding the orv trails in the nat forests. But I have a Polaris ranger that is over the 50" rule for most trails. Are there any nat forests trails that do not have a width restriction? Not really interested in sinking my sxs in a mud hole at a park

brunofishing

Brimstone is my favorite place to ride but its in east Tenn along with Royal Blue, Winrock and a few more. East Tenn has the best riding and cabins around. We just got back from riding at Winrock in the snow witch was a blast. Look up lifetime trail maps its a big help.

Ajohnson0587

Not surprised, too many fools drinking and riding, also the SxS would always find their way into the jeep park or restricted areas. I used to go there monthly in the jeep or dirt bikes, people were always getting life flighted out of there. The management and employees were always great to deal with, sad to see it close, but it was just too many drunks running around.

brunofishing

Not surprised, too many fools drinking and riding, also the SxS would always find their way into the jeep park or restricted areas. I used to go there monthly in the jeep or dirt bikes, people were always getting life flighted out of there. The management and employees were always great to deal with, sad to see it close, but it was just too many drunks running around.
I never saw anyone drink and ride at Duram town. You must have them confused with another park like Boondocks.

660griz

I was looking at riding the orv trails in the nat forests. But I have a Polaris ranger that is over the 50" rule for most trails. Are there any nat forests trails that do not have a width restriction? Not really interested in sinking my sxs in a mud hole at a park
Maybe Beasley Knob, when they open. Entire list NF ORV Trails, GA

Ajohnson0587

I never saw anyone drink and ride at Duram town. You must have them confused with another park like Boondocks.
Hard to confuse the 2, especially since I've never ridden at any other offroad parks in GA. Maybe they cleaned things up in the las 4yrs, but we quit going when I was almost hit by a SxS, that ended up crashing into a tree right in front of me in the jeep park, both passengers were ejected, and both with compound fractures in the arm & leg. Beer & mini bottles of Jack Daniels were scattered across the trail. Thankfully my wife was with me who's a paramedic and she had her jump bag with everything to treat both riders in the back of our jeep. I went to Duram town at least once a month for 9yrs and I can tell you that I seen someone either drinking on the trails or in the parking lots 50% of the time. It didn't bother me much until I had kids who started to ride, that's when we quit going. It's such a great place outside of the few bad apples, but that's the case with almost anything.

Last edited: