New Electrical Service to Recreational Land

IIICrkRepr

I am under contract on some recreational land. I reached out to the power company to request a bid for electrical service being installed. Initially, all I need is a 50 amp supply for my camper and enough power to run a well pump. In the future I may get around to building a small 1-bedroom cabin.

The power company sent me over a residential load form I have no idea on how to fill out. I really do not want to waste an electrician's time putting this together for a cabin that may never come to be. Anyone have a general idea of how much kw/Amps to request for now and possibly the future?

Wire Nut

You can’t go less than 100 amps. If it’s strictly recreational property and you’re not going to live there I doubt the county will allow you to sign the electrical permit. You’ll probably have to get an electrician. I call the pole you’re looking for a farm pole and buy them from the electrical supply house I go to every morning. That will be your easiest option

PCNative

The power company needs the info so they can determine the correct service wire and transformer size. Yes a 200 amp service would suit all your needs but the distance from the source to the transformer to the service point comes into play. They could get by with smaller wire for a 50 or 100 amp service than they could for a 200 amp service. There's quite a bit of difference in the cost of service wire when you have to go to a bigger size. It's all about the cost of the investment for the power company

Latest posts