How much to establish new power service at deer camp

Cmp1

BANNED
Talked with my local EMC today. They told me that since my shop was a secondary service that I would have to pay the actual cost for the installation up front. That’s different than a primary service ( home ) where they recoup the cost over time. They figure that the secondary service will probably use a minimum amount of electricity each month and they can’t recoup the installation costs like they can on a primary service.

Our utility charges up front,2800.00 for the can and a drop to our pole barn,,,,wish you could pay over time,,,,

Trigabby

I was quoted a price of $32,000 to run power the 2.5 miles to where my camp site was going to be... Ended up buying a nice single wide on 2 acres 3 miles away for $35,000. THAT's my new camp site, lol.

turkeykirk

Our utility charges up front,2800.00 for the can and a drop to our pole barn,,,,wish you could pay over time,,,,

You got that right. $2500 for my quote for underground service. No mention of paying on the installment plan!:rofl:

reflexman

Snake Dodger
Washington emc ran two poles about 200 yards $250 n my neighbor put in used pole n box in good shape nhooked it up to my cabin $300 I guess I did pretty good

turkeykirk

turkeykirk

Then again I was on the natural gas side of the company,,,,

Maybe you get a natural gas discount for your cold Winters!:rofl: