Crimp-on Nocking Points

grandpawrichard

I have just talked to a young man on the phone that had some problems with his new set of strings and cables....his serving failed. During the conversation I found out that he was setting up his bow with the new set and was using Crimp-on nocking points.

Well, to make a long story short, he had crimped the nocking point so tight that it CUT his Center Serving. :( Now he has to have his brand new string reserved. :( But, he's lucky he didn't cut damage the string material!

I'm a firm believer that those Crimp-on Nocking points are Old School Technology and NOT WORTH THE TIME OR EFFORT! Not only can you ruin a string with them, you rob a little speed out of your bow when using them.

If I set up a bow for someone and they want nocking points I always TIE on the nocking points with serving thread or a piece of old bow string. It's simple to do and only takes a few seconds, plus you are not adding a bunch of weight or taking the chance of damaging a new string. I Refuse to put Brass Crimp-on Nocking points on anyone's bow! If they don't like my way there is always another shop to take their bow to and to get their Crimp-on nocks.

I'm posting this to remind everyone to be really careful when installing those Crimp-on nocking points otherwise you may learn the same lesson this young Gentleman did. He can't blame the string maker for this problem either because he caused the problem, their product wasn't at fault.

D i c k