Help a kid out!

DawgFan

A friend of my son wants to start bow hunting or at least shoot targets with us at home. He's 14 and a real good kid. The thing is he doesn't have the resources most of us have and I want to help him as much as I can. I was wondering if any of you guys have a decent used bow or accessories that would help me get him set up as much as possible. I gave my last bow away a few years ago when I upgraded.
If you can help, let me know. I believe this guy will be an asset to our hunting society.
Thanks for your time,
Dawg

reylamb

I might have some arrows and broadheads that would fit him, possibly a release that may be too big for him, and maybe an old site (I will have to double check on the site.) I don't have any decent bows that he could use at this time though.

Jody Hawk

Hey Dawg, I have a Savage pendulum with the tritinum pin, brand new Savage arrow rest, 6 arrow Quikee Quiver and three 90 grain Muzzys that I'll throw in.

rvhoran

Hey Dawg, I have an older Black Bear (50# I think) that I don't use anymore. It was a Walmart deal when it was bought for me a few years ago. It's not the nicest of bows but it did kill a good hog last year. Let me know if it might be what you're looking for. If so, it will be a couple of weeks before I can go to my mom's house to pick it up.

DawgFan

Hey Guys thanks for the replies. I will sure get with you by PM when I get a chance. Maybe we can work something out to get this guy started. I will be back in touch.

bucksnort

I have a 50# PSE takedown recurve that I went through an ultra traditional phase with. Used it one season. If he's interested in that it's yours. May be easier learning to shoot instinctively. It was for me.