14 Minute Hog Hunt

dfurdennis

My buddy at the club sent me a pic of this hog on his back legs in his feeder Friday afternoon and told me he had to go!...I was headed down to hunt anyway so I told him I would sit in his stand and help him out. As soon as I got in the stand I heard big boy huffing. Heard him hit the creek behind me and turned and saw him go up the bank and into the woods about 60 yards away, he came back into the creek and started working towards me throwing his nose in the air, went back up the opposite direction he worked before and circled me, got a good quarter away shot at a little under 20 yards, pulled the bow back and it was over. Quickest big boy hog hunt I ever had first time out with the new Elite needless to say I was jacked up when I heard him crash about 60 yards away in the woods saw the arrow go in and knew he wouldn't go far...not my biggest but my biggest with a bow

Attachments

• 123_1(1)_496924181958718.jpeg
    123_1(1)_496924181958718.jpeg
    261.2 KB · Views: 76
  • imagejpeg_0_38.jpg
    imagejpeg_0_38.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 71
  • imagejpeg_3_4.jpg
    imagejpeg_3_4.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 72
  • imagejpeg_2_16.jpg
    imagejpeg_2_16.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 77

Big7

The Oracle
My buddy at the club sent me a pic of this hog on his back legs in his feeder Friday afternoon and told me he had to go!...I was headed down to hunt anyway so I told him I would sit in his stand and help him out. As soon as I got in the stand I heard big boy huffing. Heard him hit the creek behind me and turned and saw him go up the bank and into the woods about 60 yards away, he came back into the creek and started working towards me throwing his nose in the air, went back up the opposite direction he worked before and circled me, got a good quarter away shot at a little under 20 yards, pulled the bow back and it was over. Quickest big boy hog hunt I ever had first time out with the new Elite needless to say I was jacked up when I heard him crash about 60 yards away in the woods saw the arrow go in and knew he wouldn't go far...not my biggest but my biggest with a bow
Awesome story.

Kill all them nasty and destructive animals.

I used to have access to a hundred acres in Jefferson County. There were so many we just left them where they dropped. Coyotes would take care of them before the next weekend..
No telling how many me and 2 of the owners sons shot but it was a LOT.

The adjacent farm had a big corral trap and he shot them by the dozens and piled them up like cord wood down a long dirt road.

dfurdennis

Ain’t nothing like an older Muzzy. :rockon: I have killed a dump truck of critters with them and I’m well satisfied you could take out a Russian T72 tank with one. That makes the story that much sweeter. Congratulations on a fine hog.(y)
Thanks he come in at 290lbs...got one that's well over 300 I am after and I will be using the Muzzy on him too if I get a shot on him

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Woohoo! Dang that’s a big ole pig! Looks Fat too! I’d surely be putting a knife on that one! :cheers: