Cold mornin' on the river

gsubo

Went out this mornin to a public land river swamp and set up in a good corner with alot of grass..good cover..and a slough coming off the big bend. I got the boat situated in some good cover and ended up seeing a few woodies and knocking two down. I also missed a couple of slam dunk shots:banginghe. Oh well..all in all a good morning. This was my pups first hunt out of my jonboat. He did well..I had to put him in the water the first retrieve I think because he was nervous of the boat edge. Once in though he retrieved them fine. Thats 8 retrieves for him in the last week and a half. I haven't shot a bird down yet when we've been huntin together he hasnt picked up.:banana:
November2008083.jpg

Arrow3

Nice hunt!

NCK

Congrats on your dog....

And the hunt as well. What kind of training methods have you been using with your pup?

gsubo

And the hunt as well. What kind of training methods have you been using with your pup?

Ive been using all kinds of info Ive been reading up on. Ducks unlimited has alot of good videos Ive been watching..but basically Im still working on obedience with him and trying to teach him marking skills now. He's done great and he is super steady on the hunt. I guess Im just goin at my own pace. Im sure he's not half of what he could be at this point but Im proud of him for the work we've put in and what he's done so far at 9 months.

illinoishunter77

Good job on gettin it done in the swamps! I think you got lucky and got you a good dog. Seems he is gonna make a fine hunting machine.