help with triming a long tail

bhamby

ya'll i got long tail mud buddy on my boat and it is about to beat me to death. the problem is that when the boat plains out the prop will ride out of the water and as the boat slows it goes back down. it takes both hands pulling up has hard as i can to get the prop back down is there a way to trim it or anything i can do to fix it. it has this plate on the end (in pic.) that someone told me that was for triming it but i don't know. if so ,how would i do it?

Attachments

• duck hunting 035 gon.JPG
    duck hunting 035 gon.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 382

DONNY31904

had a go devil just like that but it did not have the plate and it would stay in the water by itself it would plane up like u are saying but was not problem to keep in water....all u had to do was hold the handle I would take the plate off and try it.........

quackertackr

Make sure you do not have a tall transom boat and a short transom motor. I do not have the trim tab on mine but you should be able to take a crescent wrench and bend it in small increments till it sits just below the water line when under full throttle.

throwdown

I have had the same problem with two long tails. What size motor are you running? Start by taking a cresent wrench and bending the tab up about a 1/4 inch at a time. If you come to a point where you have bent the plate and it's standing almost parallel to the water then you need the bigger plate. It looks like your running a mudbuddy, they make the bigger plate. I have had to run the bigger plate on both of my motors.

bhamby

I have had the same problem with two long tails. What size motor are you running? Start by taking a cresent wrench and bending the tab up about a 1/4 inch at a time. If you come to a point where you have bent the plate and it's standing almost parallel to the water then you need the bigger plate. It looks like your running a mudbuddy, they make the bigger plate. I have had to run the bigger plate on both of my motors.

it's a 1 hp vangard i will try bending it and see

thanks for the help ya'll

Browning

What Throwdown said. try bending the tab up a little at a time. If that doesn't work, you can get a longer trim tab for it. If you are still having problems, give me a call.

(404) 803-1371