Fog

kingfish

Even with a GPS it's been a real ............this year. Where I hunt, Orange Lake, it seems like this year we've had way more than our fair share of soupy thick FOG. Yesterday morning I had to stop, use the GPS to go back to the boat ramp, regroup, and then go find my spot. Once I got there had to help 3 different boats find their direction, not run into an island, and not plow through my decoys (successful with all 3). The fog didn't clear until about 10:00. The good thing is I had 4 of the best decoying singles I've had all year and buried them all with one shot so I can't complain. Still lots of ducks on the lake but very shy of anything but open water and more than 3 dozen coots. All in all, had a great year for just hunting the second phase and concentrating on one public lake.

bhamby

i know how you feel about that fog .this year on one of the lakes i hunt it got me. i'v ran this lake thousands of times daylight and dark but it was so foggy on mornining i started up river and the next thing i knew i was back at the boat ramp:hair: how i did that i don't know :huh: