Sense Duck Season Is over.....I gotta Question?

BREAK'N WINGS

Well guy's the 08-09 duck season has officially come to an end, and I know I'm not the only one thats wonderin what to do in spare time that we have.:huh:

I was wonderin If any of ya'll might know a good retriever club, or place were people might have retriever trials just for fun. I never could really get on the ducks this year, so my lab didnt really get to make many retrieves like I was hoping for.:banginghe He's just a tad bit over a year old and he's really doin good so far, I just want to keep workin him, so he can be even better.:cool:

I live in Houston county, so let me know if ya'll know any where that might be havin these events pretty regular. Thanks

browning84

If I were you I would look into the HRC and I think the nearest club to you would be the South West Georgia HRC http://www.sowegahrc.com/ get intouch with someone involved in that club and see how you like it. Training days will be starting soon for most clubs now that hunting season is over. If you like what you see then the Hunt Test that the individual clubs put on will also be starting with in a month or so depending on the club.

georgiaboy

I am going to try and hunt some crows and get back to shooting in my free time. Crow hunting seems like it could be alot of fun and a few buddies that do it LOVE it.

Golden BB

I'm already working on next year's spread. Got allot of carved birds that aren't finished and but soon will be !

JerkBait

Banned
also plan on runnin my dog in a few tests.

go shoot snows in AK or MO

crow hunting

turkey hunting

bass tournaments

spotlightin deer

georgiaboy

Oh, I am going to head down to Argentina for some waterfowl and doves. Forgot that little tidbit.

Maybe LA for snows if NGAduck can find some for us.

NGaHunter

I believe Browning is right about SWGHRC being the closest to you. You also have Atlanta Retriever Club(AKC), Old South HRC, both of them hold their training days in Moreland Ga. If you just like waking up early to hit the road...I host Training days at my Hunting Club in Banks county. The first one will be Feb 7th and I will have one every month until it gets to hot. Your welcomr to come out.

BREAK'N WINGS

Ten four I'll be sure to check it out.

About the crows, I go every now and then with my dad and one of his buddies.
Usually try to call up a predator or two. No luck yet though:banginghe

HALOJmpr

Quail til the end of Feb, turkeys in March and then its redfish, trout and scallops for the summer. When I get bored it's mullet shooting and if I have money it's offshore spearfishing. Oh and all during that time you have to find time for the food plots and get get the blind off the duck boat and store it until next season.

throwdown

I have a litter due at the end of this month and will be looking forward to dove season, pups should be at the right age.