Hunting vehicle suggestions ???

Hunter450

I recently changed hunting clubs and the travel distance from home dropped from 150 miles down to 40 miles. I'm considering selling my Honda Foreman ES ATV and replacing it with a small 4x4 truck or SUV just to use to go hunting. What do ya'll suggest? I can't spend more than I can get out of the ATV & utility trailer and the package is probably worth around 5K.

Thanks for any suggestions

Hunter450

ryano

Banned
ditto what Southern Steel said :)

Randy

I say stick with the ATV too but if you want a change try and find a jeep wrangler in that price range. They will go anywhere.

Perry Hayes

Any little truck should be fine just make sure it has locking differential.If you can't drive right up to the deer you will be dragging again.I have a 86 S-10 that I would not part with.

Kreed5821

Gone but not forgotten.
Small trucks won't go where mid-size atvs will. Go ahead and get a small truck, then put the atv in the bed!

xpertgreg

get a sammy

TWO WORDS....SUZUKI SAMURAI.

here's mine ...$400 and will go anywhere. got it just for hunting. :cheers:

072246.jpg

Kreed5821

Gone but not forgotten.
Hunter450, Are you wanting it just to drive to camp or to drive in the woods as well? If you want to drive to where the deer fell and drag it out, unless your on the power lines or a field, you can't get a truck through most trees anywhere that I've ever hunted. It's sometimes hard with a four wheeler, but hard is better than impossible to me. Just my .02.

Hunter450

ATV vs Truck

I would drive the truck/SUV back and forth to the club. The roads on the lease are pretty good as long as its dry but can get slick after a rain. I'm sure I could borrow a 4wheeler from someone in camp if I need to retrieve a deer. I love my Foreman and my Toyota Tundra :fine: but the truck is not 4 wheel drive :banginghe . The idea of not having to tote the ATV everytime to the club like during turkey season would be nice but not the end of the world. This is a tough one.

Thanks Guys