Lost Car Keys

SWAMPFOX

I can't find the key to unlock the doors or the trunk of my mother's 86 Pontiac. Any ideas on how to get one? The ignition key only works in the ignition. Thanks.

dbodkin

Where did you have them last... Sorry I couldnt resist.. Everytime I lose my keys Thats what my wife says.. :bounce: dealer should be able to help but I am sure it wont be cheap... :(

littlewolf

key

Don't know if this works for pontiacs but I have taken the VIN # to the dealership and gotten a plastic key made before. I think it cost $3. This was a couple years ago with toyota..Worth a phone call to find out...

boneboy96

screwdriver and hammer have always worked for me!

Big M

Drive it to a lock smith,they can put a blank in the lock, and cut you a key. :yeah:

bradpatt03

i got me a spare made at lowe's i do believe...but as far as havin one created...i would say take it to the dealer

Harvester

Big M has my thoughts. Locksmith, 60 bucks 14 years ago when I used one, about the VIN# and getting one made, A coworker tried that last year and they told him they dont keep info that far back, he's got a '93. I'm sure some dealers are better than others though. Good luck