Emanuel County - guess what I got!!!

Keith48

About 9:00 I was hearing some movement behind me from left to right. I eased up and got a glimpse of brown moving away from me and almost parallel to my stand. Oh, well. A few minutes later, I hear a cough from my left. I had heard a shot from that direction where a friend was located, but thought it was off our property. I guessed he had gotten one and needed a hand. I saw the orange first, then the patch on his shoulder and then the patch on his orange vest. It was the game warden!

He was really nice and apologetic (nice change of pace) and said that there were some guys on a neighboring property that had baited stands, so he was sweeping the whole area. He checked my license and I talked with him for a few minutes. I told him to come back any time and thanked him.

I heard about 20 shots this morning, which is a lot less than usual. SOme were very far off, but it was less than last year.

Handgunner

Noticed the same thing in Treutlen county this morning. Not a whole lot of shooting for it to be opening day. ::huh: