Close call

Lindseys Grandpa

Was sitting in my Millenium tree seat when something fell out of tree almost in my lap . It was Hawk that had grabbed a squirrel to big to fly with . He fell about a foot from me and rolled to about 3 ft . Sat there staring at me for several minutes. He didn't want to give up his meal to flee .
Finally hopped a few feet about 10 from me and proceeded to eat the squirrel. I sat and watched him for over a hour and when I got up and left he watched me closely but never left .

Attachments

• IMG_5182.jpeg
    IMG_5182.jpeg
    286.6 KB · Views: 79

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Was sitting in my Millenium tree seat when something fell out of tree almost in my lap . It was Hawk that had grabbed a squirrel to big to fly with . He fell about a foot from me and rolled to about 3 ft . Sat there staring at me for several minutes. He didn't want to give up his meal to flee .
Finally hopped a few feet about 10 from me and proceeded to eat the squirrel. I sat and watched him for over a hour and when I got up and left he watched me closely but never left .

Stuff like this is what I LOVE about the woods ..

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Rare, opportunity of a lifetime in the natural world.

Congratulations for being in the right place at the right time, unbelieveable odds of that occurrence.

basshappy

BANNED
My boy and I have a branch fall from above and land on the rail in front of us with quite a thud. Sure gave us an adrenalin shot!!! We spend more time surveying possible trees now, and when we use then we look real close at what is above us and beside us (such as a widow maker).

Hillbilly stalker

Man that's an awesome experience ! I have heard that raptors cannot release something after they have clasped it. I don't know that to be fact, but it would make sense as why he didn't release it.:huh: There used to be a fellow on here that hunted with a falcon and a dog, he would know I bet. Beautiful picture also.(y)