Duck recipies that you'd like to share

r_hammett86

Ok guys/gals

, i looked a few threads but I decided to go ahead and start one anyways.

It don't matter what kinda duck it is or the style yer cooking it in. I have only eaten duck 2 ways and would like to learn more ways to do it, and what better way that to ask the people (that'd be you all) who are going to most often prepair a duck dinner. I've done the fried duck like a fried turkey and it was ok. and i have done the wraped in baccon stuffed with jalapenos and other sauses/marinades. i am open to any sugestions as to what you have to offer.

who knows, maybe after 100 posts we could have a GON duck cook book?:clap:

So lets see what we can stir up in this thread. :stir:

kscoggins

there are some good cajun recipes for duck gumbo and such,

IMO its good grilled without the bacon and jalapeno also. Marinade and grill.

Nitro

Banned
Dutch oven.

Pluck 3-4 whole birds (Leave skin on this is important to prevent birds from drying out). Cut backbone out with a pair of gamebird shears. Season heavily in and out(I use Tony C's )

One piece of your favorite smoked sausage( I use Savoie's) Put sausage link inside each body cavity

Place ducks in Dutch Oven Breast side down. Pack the ducks in the Dutch oven tightly. Cut up enough onions, celery and potatoes to cover birds and fill Dutch oven up. Season again with Tony C's.

Add 2 cups H2O and a cup of Red Wine. (We like Pinot Noir from Oregon)

Put the lid on and into the oven for 3 hours at 300 degrees. Remove from oven. Ducks are done when a leg will pull away from duck carcass...

Serve over Rice. You can use the liquid for a gravy if desired

Derek Edge

I take the breast, soak them in a little baking soda water for 24 hours to draw the blood out. Then marinate them in a little worchestire sauce and grill them rare-med. rare like steaks. They are very good this way.

kscoggins

Andy that recipe is makin me hungry, we just grilled some woodie and mallard breasts last sunday. That Savoie is some good sausage, good bite.

r_hammett86

reading all of this makes me wanne cook some ducks! Ive only got one pack of rinksnecks (2 breast) and a pack of Gadwalls (2 breast) im ganna be hurtung by the time i try two different ways with no more duck left.:banginghe:banginghe

tshawg

Nitro thats almost the same as mine but instead of wine i use a bottle of dark beer makes for a great supper.

Gut_Pile

Duck-Ka-Bobs

I like to take a few ducks and breast them out. Then I will cut the breast into about 1" thick chunks, I take the chunks and let them marinate in italian dressing for at least 30 minutes. Then take the chunks and wrap them in bacon. I also like to cook with green peppers, tomatoes, and onion also on the kabobs. While the Ka-Bobs are on the grill I keep them soaked in italian dressing helping keep them moist. Once the bacon is done, it's time to take them off. Once you get them off give them a light coat of your favorite seasoning, join it with some side items and enjoy!

Attachments

• 0110091839a.jpg
    0110091839a.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 456
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 455
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 449
  • 1231081920a.jpg
    1231081920a.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 462
  • ka bobs.jpg
    ka bobs.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 472

Gut_Pile

sorry for the bad pics, most of them are cell phone pics. Still take great though :bounce:

Salt Water

I take the breast and soak it in salt water for 24 hours to pull the blood out. Then I let is soak in regular water that way it aint to saltly.

I noticed a couple of post down that derek does the same but with baking soda, I will have to try that thanks!

This is the way i start any duck or goose recipies... yes you can even do it will Canadian and make them taste good.

:flag::flag:

i like my cooked in grile friend. but my moma had one that was good too. she put vinregar and molases in presure pot with steam rice.
let presure cook for 20 minutes and that molases turn into a cermel coating on them ducks good eating.
trust me friend, better than grile.
i also like ducks on kewer with onons and green pepers. one right after uther. good too;

soaks in jb if all else fail. jb make everthing tests good

Brushcreek

one time we cut some breast into cubes and wrapped in bacon similar to the way gutpile described then made bowls with tinfoil and filled them up with soy sause and teriyaki. Dropped a few of the bacon wrapped cubes in each bowl along with some peppers and onions and a little seasoning. Everyone that ate it said it was the best way they've had duck prepared!

little rascal

Now

take all that ya'll just posted above and get you a few Coot Breast and do the same, and give the Duck's to someone else or use for dog food. Guarantee you won't like Duck as much as you first thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Wild Turkey

Goose recipe.
Breast out and soak in Worchester sauce overnight.
Stretch breast out on a cedar board 1/2" thick.
Smoke with apple wood for 4 hours 200 degrees.
Remove from smoker throw away the goose and eat the cedar board.