Todd E

Finally got it finished and mounted.

Attachments

• Euro Mount.JPG
    Euro Mount.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 486

Arrow Flinger

It tuned out good Todd!

Jake has really gotten in to doing deer the last couple of years and has finished 3 in the past 2 weeks.

Todd E

That's cool Tim. I know you are proud of him in everything he does. I've always sensed that ;) I noticed in your plot thread, he and your dad have been laying em' down. Any bigguns? I gotta get down there when ya'll are all in town. :yeah:

leo

Retired Woody's Mod 7/01-12/09
Good looking E mount Todd

:clap:

leo

Todd E

FredW,

I'll honestly admit that this hog skull didn't get the same treatment deer skulls get :) (heating in water) After I cut his head off just below the base of his skull, I wedged it up in a tree behind the house with his nose pointed down. After a week or two of rotting, stinking, and making my wife upset at the stinch..........it pretty much cleaned itself. All I did then was to paste it w/a mixture of powdered bleach and hydrogen peroxide--obtain at beauty salon(keeping moist) .....placed in clear plastic bag.......set out in sun on white backdrop for three days. Once bleached.....wash with mild soapy water and vinegar.

One day we had to put a push brace on a utility pole at work. When I topped it out and saw the leftover piece....I thought man, that skull would look good on that. Secured by drilling of small hole through lower jawbones and use of long finishing nails.

Arrow Flinger

The heating in water Todd was talking about is boiling the scull in water with some dish washing liquid in it (to remover the grease). We boil with a turkey cooker. Boil for 20 minutes and remove as much cooked meat as you can and repeat until it is cleaned. It takes several boiling and a good bit of time. A high pressure water hose will remove the tissue inside the nose cavity and the brain matter (break up first). Do not boil too long or you will damage the scull. (We found out). Then bleach as Todd discribed. The only thing we do different is soak in peroxide for 24 hour before we paste them. This helps bleach the inside better.

Todd E

Right on Flinger. Do want to add this............

when boiling any skull, bring water to a boil and then drop to just under boil before adding skull. You don't actually want water boiling while skull is in it. Be sure to suspend skull in pot and not let it touch bottom or sides of pot. Why no boiling? It makes skull brittle and weak.