29.1 KB · Views: 657

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
small cub, watch out for mama bear

Thats a baby bear!

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Sometimes mama bear don't like it when you get to close

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yi_Krx6C_7w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yi_Krx6C_7w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

snookman

Pretty awesome video! I think I would have crapped myself. But, back to the pictures, Why would the second pic not have claw marks? They weren't washed out by rain! Bears are incapable of retracting thier claws,I always thought. That is why I posted them on the bear threads, I am no bear expert by any means. What do you guys think?

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
It being a small bear they are just not showing up to good. I can see the imprint of a nail on the second toe from right.

There are some bobcats around, I saw a large one a few weeks ago in the mountains.

On the video, if they had not had that pistol, they would have been tore up.

snookman

He probably pulled out the pistol as soon as he saw the cubs. That happened just way to fast to be able to draw a gun and get off a shot. That man has been in similar situations before I guarentee!

droptinegirl1

I saw some prints like that but larger on a creek bank in Madison County this year only larger. Last week my great uncle was sitting on his screened in porch off 77 in the vesta community in Oglethorpe county and a bear cub came out of the woods and played in his back yard for a while. He never saw mama. That is the first bear he has seen in all the years he has been living there. He went and bought a trail cam to put in the area to try to get a pic. He sayed it was the best thing he has seen there in a long time.