Whats the biggest gun show in Georgia these days?

Balrog

I haven't been to a gun show in a long time. The Eastman show at the North Atlanta Trade Center up in Gwinnett County used to be the biggest. Whats the biggest gun show in Georgia these days?

Big7

The Oracle
The one that used to be Eastman(sp)

I went to the one in Emerson maybe 2 months ago or close and it was huge.

Then the same outfit put one on in Lawrenceville at the Fairgrounds and it wasn't quite as good or big although a LOT of the same vendors were there.

You are not going to save any money on collectibles or used mainstream that's in good shape. They are running a little over market from what I saw.

There will be a few peddling ARs- a lot of ARs.
They start out 489- 499 $ and go as high as you want to pay. It's a good place to get a "starter" AR from what I gathered.

Soooooooo many AR accessories, it will make your head spin. They have tack-ta-cool junk right on up to the best available off the shelf.

They ALL will trade whether it's guns, powder, ammo and most anything else.

And... They will take less than what's on the sticker unless the sticker says "FIRM".

They have more optics and aiming devices than Carter has liver pills- from junk right on up to the primo.

I hadn't been to one in at least 20 years. After 2, I believe I've learned "enough" about how they operate- where I can get some stuff I want at a fair, horse trading price.

PS.. If you have anything- say a gun, they will zip- tie the action at the door and you can sell it inside. Not sure how many you can take without renting a booth or table. Cheapest table is 35$ for Saturday and Sunday.

I will be going to more and more as I find out where they frequent.

transfixer

I haven't been in over 10yrs, quit going because the prices got to be the same as in gun stores or online, and many times higher than in gun stores, Cherokee gun and pawn used to go to a few of Eastmans shows , until the other dealers complained that Cherokee's prices were too low, and Matt told them either keep them in line with everyone else or you can't be here ! they quit going as a result , if I want to buy a new gun I go to Cherokee gun and pawn, I haven't seen their prices get beat as of yet

I think Gun shows target the general public that doesn't know much of anything about guns, and doesn't keep up with prices,

sleepr71

Well…The last gun show I went to was in Perry,at the fairgrounds I believe. The prices were high,and there were 2-3 security guards/police literally fighting with a couple of the “customers” when I walked in.! The customers looked to be straight off the Al Sharpton “how to play the Victim” bus…and were trying to cause a huge scene. I expected shooting to break out at any time;) It was a mess! Between the high prices,ho hum selection,and not liking the atmosphere..I decided that day that I would rather buy off the ODT,or from retail(local gun stores). Done!

Jester896

Senior Clown
One of my buddies frequents the Montrose Auction but I haven’t been to a gun show for a while. I don’t really care to set myself up for disappointment.

Dr. Strangelove

I haven't been in over 10yrs, quit going because the prices got to be the same as in gun stores or online, and many times higher than in gun stores, Cherokee gun and pawn used to go to a few of Eastmans shows , until the other dealers complained that Cherokee's prices were too low, and Matt told them either keep them in line with everyone else or you can't be here ! they quit going as a result , if I want to buy a new gun I go to Cherokee gun and pawn, I haven't seen their prices get beat as of yet

I think Gun shows target the general public that doesn't know much of anything about guns, and doesn't keep up with prices,
Same here, and I quit going to Eastman gun shows years ago. Price fixing and a total ripoff.

transfixer

If someone is simply in the market for a hangun or rifle, and are not sure what they want , then a gun show might be a benefit ? as there will be a wide variety of things in one place, that's why I say I think they're geared towards people who are not really "gun" people . Or maybe if you're looking for something from years gone by, not made anymore, you might get lucky with some of the independent collectors that go from time to time? In fact I think the last time I went to an Eastmans show was so my wife could look at a variety of carry guns to see what she thought she liked ,

I did tag along with my stepson and his wife to a small show in Cartersville 5 or 6 yrs ago now that I think about it, it wasn't an Eastmans , don't remember who put it on, but it was pretty small, and I saw zero deals at that one as well

I've been exclusively using the GON classifieds or the Trader for a very long time now, if I'm looking for something in particular I'll just keep searching each week till it pops up,

transfixer

Eastman's is showing one in Gwinnett in the near future, but I believe it will be at the Fairgrounds, I went there once a long time ago, spread out in different buildings, not as big as when it was over off of Indian trail

Jester896

Senior Clown
last show I remember going to was one at the peanut place S of Dothan. It beat anything I had been to S of Macon in recent times.

Balrog

I think a lot of that is true, and the prices were one reason I quit going to them. I mainly am interested in going to look at older/discontinued models that you can't find very often in stores. Sometimes you don't even know you need one of those until you see it.

transfixer

I think a lot of that is true, and the prices were one reason I quit going to them. I mainly am interested in going to look at older/discontinued models that you can't find very often in stores. Sometimes you don't even know you need one of those until you see it.

Looking for older models you might be better to check out the gun shows put on by the other outfits, instead of Eastman's, I remember the smaller show I went to with my stepson and his wife had quite a few tables where an individual was selling some of their personal collection, a lot of older guys with older shotguns, revolvers, and some mil surp rifles, enfields and such.

Mexican Squealer

Chances of me going to a gun show rank up there with going to a public gun range or deer hunting public land…. “O %” chance. If Barrow’s doesn’t have it and can’t get right on the price then I don’t need it.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
There's one in cartersville from 10-4 today at the clarence brown conference center.

sleepr71

The show/auction in Montrose had LOTS of Vintage guns. It was ran as an auction though..so you may get a good deal…and you may end up bidding against a Fool,that will pay 2x retail to get something. I haven’t been in a long time…but the one in Montrose brought sellers/dealers from all over & there were LOTS of NICE older guns there. Anybody know if that is still the case?

Jester896

Senior Clown
yes, you can go to their site and view what is going up. Some of it is junk, some of it ain't, some of it you can get for a deal and sometimes you have to over pay if you want it....just kinda regular.

weagle

The biggest show currently is the show at the Atlanta Expo. It's a pretty good show. I've bought a table or two and did very well just selling odds and ends. Old holsters, scopes, knives, half boxes of ammo, fishing reels maybe a gun or 2 I no longer want. The best thing about buying a table is you get in early when everyone is setting up and when the real deals are to be had.

Not the biggest, but the best is the ODT swap meet. It's private, for ODT members and tickets bought in advance. So far they have had 2 in the spring time and I hope they do another this year. Do yourself a favor and buy a table. It's awesome.

Dub

Chances of me going to a gun show rank up there with going to a public gun range or deer hunting public land…. “O %” chance. If Barrow’s doesn’t have it and can’t get right on the price then I don’t need it.

I am in agreement.

I haven’t lost anything that I feel the need to go find in one.

I’m glad they exist and others have fun there….I’d simply prefer to save the time and expense.

When it comes to guns & optics I want….I find them when I am ready.

Latest posts