1200 This Past Month. Average 14,000 A Year !!

Big7

The Oracle
1200 This Past Month I Atlanta Alone Average 14,000 A Year Statewide Guns Stolen Per Year !!

Just heard on WSB Radio News 1200 This Past Month In Atlanta Alone. Average 14,000 A Year Firearms Stolen Per Year In Georgia.

They said mostly from UNLOCKED cars and most of the ones recovered wind up at a crime scene.

I just reported a "missing" LCP a few weeks ago that I hadn't seen in a while and had been meaning to report.

I didn't report it "stolen" because there were some fishy circumstances going on when it came up missing.

I wanted the cops and especially GCIC and the Feds to know I didn't have it in case it showed up at a crime scene.

I been dragging guns around a half century and that's the only one I can't account for.

So much for having a "Truck Gun" I recon.

Keep your guns locked up at all times. Seems to be a statewide epidemic.

EDIT: Went and found a link.

Lilly001

Leaving an unsecured gun in a vehicle is irresponsible IMHO.
A lock box is less than 50$ and will at least discourage the less committed thieves.
I use the type that has a cable that permits you to attach it to a seat post or the like.
Not foolproof, but at least an acknowledgment of your personal responsibilities.

Big7

The Oracle
I didn't remember there was another thread from June or July but these are the latest stats in case anyone is interested.

I remember taking long guns to high school.
We didn't hunt with handguns back in those days. Never even heard of it. Shotgun, Centerfire Rifle or Rimfire Rifle. Now and then you might see a 5MM Remington Magnum or a 22 WMR but mostly 22lr.

I can't remember a single one of anybody's getting stolen.

transfixer

I seldom EVER leave my pistol in my truck, I go very few places I can't carry , I don't carry when I go to the Doctor's office or Dentist office, but both of those are in areas I'm very unlikely to get broken into,

Anyone who goes inside 285 and leaves a gun in the vehicle unsecured simply is not using the brain God gave them, NO WHERE inside 285 are you even remotely safe not to get broken into, and most places within 5 miles outside of 285 you aren't either, then add in the various communities we all know about where you're likely to get robbed or broken into, I live in Douglasville, no chance I'm going to the mall out here in the first place, but if I ever did my gun will be on my person.

DAVE

I bet most of the stolen guns were taken by only a very small group of criminals that have been arrested time and again but released to carry on. The media tries to paint an epidemic to be blamed on gun owners and not the very few people who are actually doing the stealing and not blame the court systems and liberal DA's that allow perpetrators to go free in the name of equity and fairness.

frankwright

There are gangs of kids that go out in a car, van or suv every night.
They pick a neighbor hood they have already selected and check every car on every street and eventually they will find a gun.

Parking garages at apartment complexes have been a gold mine for them lately.

I have a lock box cabled to a seat post and if I have to go somewhere I can't carry, my gun goes in there until I get back to the car. It is not 100% but it will stop a snatch and grab.

The bad thing is on a lot of the cam video's of these car break ins, they have a gun in their hand while breaking in and they will shoot you over nothing.