Tales from the LGS

Nimrod71

Yesterday was my day to work the LGS. The day started out at 9 a.m. with 4 trucks and 3 cars waiting in the parking lot. When the doors opened we expected a mad rush of people, wrong seems there were only one person per vehicle. Yes a slow start compared to this time last year. In 20 and 21 when we opened on Saturdays the store filled up within an hour of opening, the owner had to put on more sales staff. Now things seem to have returned more to pre pandemic and political scare levels. The big seller was handguns of all sizes even a new Colt Anaconda at $1,800. There were also several 22 rifles sold. The number of defensive shotgun sales kind of surprised me with 2 women buying Shockwave 12 ga. guns. Their husbands better take note. Another surprise was we didn't sale an AR. Ammo sales were good, for what ammo we had. We had a high number of request of 410 shells of which we didn't have. Seems Turkey hunters are wanting to get in some practice. I do have to say we have been getting in a little more ammo than in the past 18 months, but it is going out as fast as we get it. Primers can hardly be found, I have heard of some in Kansas but I haven't verified them yet. Gun Powder is as bad as Primers but we have had some come in from time to time. Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope the bright will soon be over and we can get back to reloading and shooting as before.

bullgator

I agree that primers are the big holdup right now, both in availability and price. Powder is available if you search online and in stores.

doomtrpr_z71

Prices are going to start coming down soon, Jerry's is packed with inventory, no way I'm paying for primers with these current prices.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Makes me not feel so bad for paying $79.99/k CCI LPP at bass pro today.
that seems to be the lower end of retail sales these days...I paid that for the 5K SPP I got locally the other day. My buddy is getting stuff in the $45 per K range on the wholesale end.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Was in the local shop this weekend, and there was plenty of everything...Even some powders and primers. Prices were a bit high, but at least the stuff is there.

Six months ago, the cases and shelves were bare...