This Saturday...Best Georgia Gun show in 20+ years

weagle

Just a heads up. The last OutDoors Trader Gun Show & Swap Meet at the Cobb Civic Center was the best gunshow I've been to in Ga in the last 20+ years. There's another one coming up- May 6, 2023 - Cobb County Civic Center. I think all of the tables are sold out, but you can still buy tickets. I have no affiliation with these folks other than I bought some tables to sell stuff. If you have hunting / shooting / fishing / outdoor stuff you want to sell this is the show to bring it to.​

Correction: the booths are sold out but there are still tables. Hint: If you get a table there is a lot of buying and selling the day before when everyone is getting set up.

Last edited:

Robert28

I will admit, the last gun show I went to here in SC at the fairgrounds was actually really good. It was a “mega show” and had a lot of cool military stuff on display from old jeeps to you name it. Came across some pretty decent deals on a few guns too. Of course there was plenty of “are you crazy?” prices but that’s to be expected. There was even an old revolver for $40 I thought about buying for the next gun buyback they have and I’ll turn it in for $100 :bounce: I wish all gun shows were like this one because I’d go but they’ve all been a waste of time the past few years, but this one wasn’t.

weagle

Most of the gun shows in GA are a total waste, although I still go to some. The one down at the Atlanta Expo is usually OK. The ODT show was like shows from 30 years ago. A lot of people walking in the door with stuff to sell or trade and the tables have all varieties of used guns. Not just the same old dealers with a bunch of new retail guns. I think they only sell 2000 tickets and you have to buy the tickets before the show. It was a great crowd last time.

transfixer

Most of the gun shows in GA are a total waste, although I still go to some. The one down at the Atlanta Expo is usually OK. The ODT show was like shows from 30 years ago. A lot of people walking in the door with stuff to sell or trade and the tables have all varieties of used guns. Not just the same old dealers with a bunch of new retail guns. I think they only sell 2000 tickets and you have to buy the tickets before the show. It was a great crowd last time.

I've been a member there for years, and bought tickets for myself and stepson for the one that was supposed to happen during the plandemic, it didn't materialize until last year, and just so happened we couldn't make it that weekend,

actually tried to give away my tickets last year but had no takers

Anvil Head

I had a booth at the last one and will again at this one. What was stated above is true - old school gun show. Lots packed into a small venue and good deals to be had. Sure hope it stays that way.
Stop by and say HI if you attend.

JR924

I was at a gun show where some attendees were carrying guns accross their shoulders with for sale signs. Others had guns in open car trunks with for sale signs and were also actively approaching people to look at their guns. Is this allowed at this gun show? Thinking the parking lot sale may be illegal but not sure if he formal is allowed by the organizers.

specialk

I was at a gun show where some attendees were carrying guns accross their shoulders with for sale signs. Others had guns in open car trunks with for sale signs and were also actively approaching people to look at their guns. Is this allowed at this gun show? Thinking the parking lot sale may be illegal but not sure if he formal is allowed by the organizers.

not going to give any legal advice, but every gun show will have some type law enforcement there in plain clothes, whether it be local, state, or federal.....

weagle

I'm sure there are rules posted on the ODT site, but what made this show so good last time was a big majority of people coming in the door had guns to buy sell or trade. Guns are checked and strapped at the door. Reminded me of the great shows we used to have in the 1980's

specialk

curious as to why no ticket sales at the door....i know we are headed to a cashless society......

weagle

curious as to why no ticket sales at the door....i know we are headed to a cashless society......
My understanding is since this is for ODT members only they do not want folks walking in off the street thinking it is a public gun show. In my opinion, that is what made it so great last time. I've known a lot of these folks way back to the old Woody's Campfire trader days.

BBQOutdoors77

If you’re thinking about driving any distance….don’t waste your time! Went this morning and what a total joke! Nothing but junk!