I don't care anything about getting soaking wet this morning..

Arrow3

Got up, got dressed, and headed to Oconee County a little while ago....Got about 10 miles from the house and the bottom dropped out....I looked at the radar on my phone and it seems to be more of the same coming.....I decided to just come on back to the house...:biggrin2:

mcagle

I'm in the same shape, but in Pickens County, its not raining yet but the Radar looks terrrible so I think I'm staying home too.

01Foreman400

Staff member
Starting to thunder and spit rain here now. I made the right choice. Looks like I'll have to wait until next weekend to get out there.

mstew

Not raining in north Forsyth! Yeah, its coming! I'm in my Ameristep blind so I won't get too wet until I leave. Rode my 4 wheeler from the house, I hunt 1/2 mile from home. Nothing moving here yet but squirrels.

pmi_man

yeah im in south forsyth. got in my stand about 630 and heard the thuder in the distance about 45min ago. didn't see any movement :(.
this rain needs to stop untl spring.

bilgerat

Senior
I just gave up in S Hall, it wasnt bad for the first hour but My thermacell ran out of gas and I didnt bring the umbrella so I gave up:banginghe
looks like just in time too, a big blob of hard rain is just about to hit!!

Hunter Haven

Yep, I got up at 545 this morning and it was coming down like a tropical storm rain:hair:... I went back to bed and got some beauty sleep:D

CharlesH

Yep, it was dumping this morning and checked the radar....it seems to be an all day event. Rest is important to get this time of year.

Retired Army Guy

Yup I concur......save some of that energy & desire for the rut. We all know we'll be out rain, shine, wind, cold, snow what ever then!

bsanders

I guess i was the only brave one .....or......stupid one. BUT i did see deer this morning. They moved really late cuz of the fog. You could hear the deer walking thru it, it was so thick. Saw the first 2 deer at 7:35(6 pt) and them had a spike and his mam come in at 8:15. And right at 9 had a big doe come in eating acorns but had no shot because of the saplings that were in the way. You know when you go set up a stand and you check all of your possible shots and you get down and think that you're good........NOT. These deer walked right where i didn't clean up, but it won't happen again, i wacked those puppies down on the way out. Gonna try to go this afternoon if it doesn't wash my tree away. Good luck guys.

Arrow3

Yep, I got up at 545 this morning and it was coming down like a tropical storm rain:hair:... I went back to bed and got some beauty sleep:D

Yep...I was almost to your house when the hurricane came....:D

matthewsman

Did the same..

Me and my son made coffee and hit the ground running...15 minutes later we turned back around to the house...

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I am at work so I didnt make it:D

course wouldnt mind the rain, but usually wont shoot one with a bow in hand in the rain