close but no cigar!!!! daggummit!!

well guys after losing about 2lbs by sweating this evening I finally had a mature doe come into range but she pegged me at 18yds and we stared each other down for 20 minutes until she got to nervous and cussed me out and jetted out. She had a yearling with her but it had no spots so I made up my mind to take her but she won the battle. Oh well, I enjoyed the action except for the 85 degrees and 100% HUMIDITY!!!!. I'll be back in the acorns again in the morning. Its raining white and red oaks behing my house.

fi8shmasty

Ive been seeing a lot of does with fawns this year. She'll be back.
It is hot out there. The more you go the closer you are getting to Tag one.

GA_MTN_MAN

It was hot! I am hoping it will cool sometime over the next few weeks.
I've gotten close a couple times this year, my first bow hunting, and I feel like I'm getting better.
Certainly losing weight in this weather...

Copper42

No worries. I have had what most people would call a horrible bow season. First weekend, I had two mature does come into range. The first one my arrow came off the string. The second, my sight was turned over (pendulom sight). This Wednesday, I missed 2 does in 20 mins. The sun was going down, and I didn't see the small limbs in the way. Thursday I missed one at 20 yards because of shooter error. I still believe this is a great year because I have seen 15 deer from my stands. I am excited and can't wait to get back in the woods. Happy Hunting.