Coopers Creek Question?

KPreston

I am taking my Grand daughter on a adult/child hunt to Coopers Creek this Saturday. Can any body point me in the right direction. That is a big wma and I just want to hunt a little part of it for one day. I hunt Burton and Chattahoochee and swallow creek wma's and never been to Coopers Creek. Thanks KP.

earl

Banned
Brantley Gap

bradlester

I'm taking my son as well. It will be the first time I've hunted on it but I have fished and hiked on it and it is a pretty place to be. Good luck to you.

Wetzel

Be sure to post results from your hunts.

I'm planning on going for a little while tomorrow and then go back by the check in station for the lunch and door prizes. We didn't have any luck with the hunting or door prizes last year, but my son had a real good time.

Good luck...

ripplerider

Hunted the west side of Cooper's Creek yesterday evening with my 11 yr. old son. Didnt see anything but had a good time . My son sat pretty still and didnt complain about the long walk. Headed out towards the house at dark and came upon another hunter and his son stuck. Didnt look too bad, thought the old Ford 2-wheel drive would pull him out no trouble, so I backed way up the road till I could turn around, backed back down to him, tied a rope to him, pulled up, and promptly slid off the rd. too. 2 vehicles stuck 3 miles up a dead end rd. Luckily had a cell signal, called Dad (who'd just got back from a week in Cades Cove and I'm sure was wore out) and 45 mins. later he showed up in his 4-wd. Hooked a chain to it' floored it, his truck fishtailed and my truck slid so far off the road I thought it was going to roll to the bottom of the mtn. Backed up and punted. Made another call and an hr. or so later the other hunter's wife and father-in-law arrived in a 4-wd. Ford truck. Hooked it to my trailer hitch, both trucks pulled up, my truck slid further off the rd. I honestly thought it was going to roll this time for sure but the good Lord was with us. Got the first truck unstuck and he headed off for reinforcements. 2 hrs. later he got back with a jeep, a chain hoist, and a come-a-long. Broke the pulley on the come-a-long pulling the front end of my truck sideways out of the hole but thank God the chain hoist finished the job and Dad was able to pull me out. Got home at 2.00 A.M. What a bunch of great guys to stick with it and get me out. Thanks guys if you read this you know who you are!

bradlester

My buddy and his son saw a bear. It was in a tree and spotted them the same time they saw it and wouldn't stay still long enough for his 6 year old to get a shot. My son and I didn't see anything but we had a great time. A big thank you to the rangers and everyone else who put this hunt together.