i shot my first bear saturday

Eroc33

I went to cohutta this weekend and shot my first bear. it was 146lbs field dressed so not huge but plenty to drag. we hunted saturday and it started raining exactly when i got to my stand. on sunday we got there late and i got turned around going to my stand and it was 8:00 when i found it. i climbed up the tree, ate me a candy bar and drank some water and put up my bag and it was 8:15 i sat there for 5min and the bear walked out and i shot it. when we first walked up on it, it was laying in a small ditch and it looked real small and im thinking i asked my friend if it was more than 75lbs and he didnt say anything and i got real worried, i thought i just pulled a Ron and shot a little bear. but it ended up getting up and walking alittle ways and we could tell it was bigger before it went down, so i was relieved . the bear went down next to the road we came in on so that was helpful, but we still had two miles back to the truck that were burtal. it took us until 12:20 to get it out.

Attachments

• 1011091219.jpg
    1011091219.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 753

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
cool-- congrats!
T

xhunterx

good looking bear, congrats, looks like you were at the holly creek checking station, were you hunting on top or down low?

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Congradulations,
Lets see a better pic. Prefeeebly with a big smile on your face.

LanceColeman

ALRIGHT!! congrats! And hey man. That bear will still make a good looking rug (and not kill you in cost like a big rug) and will eat better than a big one.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

wildcats

that's some kinda cool. congrats.....i am jealous would love to harvest one.

Eroc33

yeah i think it will be a good eatin size, and im checkin on rug prices i think i am going to do a european mount of the skull and tan the hide without the head to hang on the wall. but im still trying to decide. and do you process the meat any diffrnet than you do deer meat

bjgrant1967

Thunder Head Congradulations,
Lets see a better pic. Prefeeebly with a big smile on your face

You don't need to see his mug in the picture....just kidding

Hey bud awesome job....thanks for not telling me you shot that joker. You need to leave the head on the rug. It might cost a little more but something you would probably like better in the long run. Nice job!!