45 cal like the swine flu???????

jimmystriton

Any info on where to get pyrodex and or bullets as well as need a couple new speed loaders for my .45 cal.....everyone has 50 cal stuff....does the 45 have the swine flu or what.....it shoots great and faster and flater than the 50 so whats up with all the hatin????

bearpugh

Gone but not forgotten
no hatin' just like the big stuff since my shots are close. actually prefer a .54.

LanceColeman

Me too.
Try finding 54. Cal stuff.

AMEN!! thats why I just stocked up on round balls and pillow tickin from wally world! 5#s of powder from BP shop, and I am S-E-T!

cmk07c

Thats why I have a 50 cal! I've been through it.... I shoot a 7mm-08 rifle and use a 20 gauge for waterfowl, I know your pain of not having availability!

ccookou812

I have a 45 as well and love it. I had 2 .50s first and went to 45 I use powerbelt bullets with great success from Bass pro and same place for the powder but I use the Jim Shockeys Gold 50 grain sticks and just received an email from them they are making 100 and 150 grain sticks now. It helps I am not far from the bass pro shop.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I don`t have anything against any of the calibers. I just like the 50. I also like a 36 caliber.

georgia_home

bass pro and cabelas have good selections of 45 and 50 supplies, in general. bass pro here seems to have some 45 stuff when i am there.. lots of 50... just about 0 54.

for powder, hang loose! forget the sissy pellets! ;) but for 45, the above mentioned may be able to help. also check the shooting sites. midway, and the others....

as far as speed loaders, if you get the separated type, powder/bulled separated... 50 will work. you can always go bigger. us folks with >50, its hard to fit a 54 into a 50!!!

hope this helps.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I like a .54 myself. I'm a believer in heavy bullets.

AZ Longrifle

Try trackofthewolf.com
Kinda pricey, but they have all the stuff you'll need.
I'm in AZ and finding the stuff is hard out here too!

grizzley30814

I think I am about to start casting my own RB and Bullets. I shoot a T/C Cherokee.