Chattahoochee WMA Dec 2-5

GA GAME GETTER

i ll be there.... i dont think there is a bad spot up there good luck maybe u will get ya a bear or something

rubicon_in_ga

I haven't decided exactly where I'm gonna camp, but I plan to be up there for almost two weeks. Bear hunting the 2nd-5th, and small game/hogs from the 6th to that following thursday. This is my first camping/hunting trip this year so I'm hoping to make it a good one.

I was thinking about camping in either Upper Chattahoochee Campground (by Horsetrough Falls), but I may just pick one of the side of the road spots. Low Gap always seems busy when I ride through, probably because of the closeness to Helen, but with it December and as cold as it's starting to get, it may be a ghost town. :) We'll see. I'm excited no matter what! lol

Jighead

Gone but not forgotten
I hope everyone that hunts it kills a bear. Barely any deer left, only bear and hog.

rubicon_in_ga

Rotten Luck

So last week I was watching the weather forecasts, and I was expecting some rain early in the week and weather.com was saying the lowest overnight temps would be in the mid thirties, but wow... I never expected the threat of snow by weeks end! I went totally unprepared!

Not sure if anybody saw me or my campsite Monday-Thurs, but by Wednesday night, the rain and cold had gotten unbearable for me, and I packed up early Thursday morning. I had a good warm sleeping bag, but my three season one-man tent just wasn't cut out for all that rain. Everything inside was soaked, not from the rain, but from the condensation! I tried to let it air out on Tuesday but the almost nonstop rain Wednesday was just too much.

I was camped right across the road from one of the wildlife openings, and just down from what the map shows as 'Poplar Stump Gap Rd.' Saw alot of beautiful country riding the hunter access roads and scouting, but I wasn't seeing any recent sign of bear. :-( Right up the holler from my campsite though, there was a TON of hog sign, but again, nothing recent.

As much as I wanted to tough it out for Thurday thru Saturday, after I woke up with a sore throat on Wednesday, I decided to use my better judgement, accept defeat, and decided not to stay because I wasn't ready for camping in that kind of cold/wet conditions. :-(

I hope everybody else had better luck than me!