2023/2024 WMA Hunt Results reporting

oldfatbubba

Once again, I will be compiling a report detailing results from WMA deer and bear hunts for this season. Results are summarized by Zone, WMA and individual hunt in an online Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. You do not need Excel installed on your computer to view the report, but please PM me if you have any issues viewing it.

Link to WMA Hunt Results Summary

The data for the report comes from the DNR's online reporting system (LINK) however my report has data back to 2011, allows for year-over-year comparisons, and contains several "Best of" reports. Note that I'm working on improvements so the only report currently available is for current season results.

Regards,
Bubba

Last edited:

oldfatbubba

I've added "best of" reports for the 2023/24 season for Quota, Archery & Bear Hunts. I will add reports for Specialty, Sign-In, etc. as the season progresses. Again, here's the LINK to the report.

Toliver

Added the 'best of' report for general/sign-in hunts.
Guess I'll have to get my wife to show me how this link works. All I got was my own files and a page wanting me to upgrade my cloud storage.

oldfatbubba

Guess I'll have to get my wife to show me how this link works. All I got was my own files and a page wanting me to upgrade my cloud storage.
You're the second person that has mentioned this issue. I'm working to determine the cause. You should receive a screen that looks like the attached...

Attachments

• report.jpg
    report.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 26

Toliver

It worked when my wife clicked it. Like taking the car to the mechanic and it works fine. She hands it back and asks what the problem was. I guess I warmed it up for her.

Dupree

I can only view zones 1,2,3 and 6. I’ve tried from my phone and desktop.
I went to the dnr link, and see that there has been no data entered for those zones, which is why you don’t have them added in.

oldfatbubba

I can only view zones 1,2,3 and 6. I’ve tried from my phone and desktop.
The reason you're only seeing those is that Zones 4 & 5 have not entered any WMA hunt results into the DNR's reporting system as of today. In early Dec, I will be submitting a report to @C.Killmaster outlining the results that need to be entered into the system.

Dupree

The reason you're only seeing those is that Zones 4 & 5 have not entered any WMA hunt results into the DNR's reporting system as of today. In early Dec, I will be submitting a report to @C.Killmaster outlining the results that need to be entered into the system.
There is a bunch of wmas not listed in other zones also.

TurkeyBluff

BANNED, Again

Why are you having to do this? It seems like the DNR should be entering that data in daily since it is supposed to be real time. Are you an employee of the DNR to produce this sheet or is this something that you just enjoy doing?

Either way, great sheet. I really enjoy looking at it. It takes a ton of time to do that stuff and you present it well.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Shadow11

Asian guy at work and his cousin had a good weekend at some wma in bibbs county. Not sure of the name. 2 nice 10 pointers that looked like twins, a smaller buck, and a pig.

oldfatbubba

Why are you having to do this? It seems like the DNR should be entering that data in daily since it is supposed to be real time. Are you an employee of the DNR to produce this sheet or is this something that you just enjoy doing?
Short story: I'm a data analysis geek who enjoys hunting on public land with no direct affiliation to the DNR.

Long story: I previously hated waiting for the Aug. issue of GON to learn the prior year's WMA hunt results. When the DNR began publishing harvest data online in 2015, few knew where to find it so I started this report for others who also hated waiting. While the DNRs current reporting system is fairly well known, it's simple data. My report provides insights on historical trends for each WMA, 'best of' reporting for each type of hunts (i.e. best archery hunts, best quota hunt, etc), and harvest results back to 2011 (vs. the DNRs system which only goes back to 2019).

edit: later this season, I will be adding a year-over-year analysis for various quota hunts (eg. B.F. Grant 1st Firearm Hunt, Clybel 1st Firearm Hunt, etc).

Last edited:

bigblocktransam

This years harvest data on the game check is so far behind and not updated. I recall this liscense cost increase how stuff would get better.. na we’re just the dummies that agreed to it while nothing gets better. That’s typical of any government organization.

oldfatbubba

I have added a report that displays current and prior season hunt results for a single WMA. It's on the "WMA Detail by Year" tab. Example is attached. Thanks to @Danny Leigh for bringing it to my attention that prior year results were difficult to view.

Screenshot 2023-12-07 092405.png