2023/2024 WMA Hunt Results reporting

oldfatbubba

Unfortunately, we likely will not see results for Regions 4 & 5 until after the 2023/2024 season due to staffing and other issues @ DNR HQ. I'll continue to update the report as results are posted.

Do y'all have any requests for additional reports that you'd like to see?

Gaswamp

don't see flint river or chattahoochee hilliard

oldfatbubba

The DNR team responsible for posting hunt results is short-handed. They have not posted (hardly) any results for Region 5, which includes those WMAs as well as Chickasawhatchee, Hannahatchee, and the other Chattahoochee Fall Line WMAs. I will update my report to include results from Region 5 as soon as the DNR makes them available.

Last edited:

oldfatbubba

My report has been updated to include results from most Region 6 WMA hunts. I have excluded an error from the DNR's reporting that had +41,000 hunters attending the 10/5/23 hunt at Sansavilla, so my report is out-of-sync with DNR reporting. I have notified the DNR team in charge of their reporting about this error. edit: The DNR fixed the error very quickly.

Harvest data for Region 5, which includes Chickasawhatchee, Hannahatchee and Chattahoochee Fall Line is still outstanding.

Regards,
Bubba

Last edited:

Long Cut

Unfortunately, we likely will not see results for Regions 4 & 5 until after the 2023/2024 season due to staffing and other issues @ DNR HQ. I'll continue to update the report as results are posted.

Do y'all have any requests for additional reports that you'd like to see?

The GA DNR is also short-handed for DMAP Biologists, with 1 Biologist covering the entire State for the time-being.

But GA DNR was able to pay The Hunting Public (and several other social media “influencers”) 10’s of thousands of dollars to promote hunting & fishing on Georgia Public Land & Water.

I’d love to see some Financial Reports from our DNR, to better understand where exactly funds are being allocated.

- Salaries for Biologists & Technician’s (Are they being fairly compensated for their roles?
-Budgets to Manage WMA’s
-Budgets for the social media “influencers” that are being paid to publicize Georgia Public Land & Waters

I’ve seen what Alabama, Kentucky, Tennessee… are able to produce and offer hunters on Public Land.
I’m beginning to question where our tax dollars are going in regard to funding our Biologists & Technicians, along with managing our WMA’s.

I do apologize for the long-winded side tangent, but these are questions we need to start asking.

oldfatbubba

The DNR uploaded results from several Region 3 hunts recently, which have been added to my report. They include hunts at Clarks Hill, Yuchi, Lower Broad River, Soap Creek plus a few others. About 24 hunts from the 2023/24 season are outstanding from the DNRs database, including Hard Labor Creek State Park & Chattahoochee Bend State Park. I will post any updates here when the DNRs is next updated.